Looking to shake the ground once again

Participant count
  • Participants list

centraltexastundra

CarAudio.com Recruit
Honored to be here, looking to get some good accurate information concerning car audio. Im looking to upgrade the sound system in my Tundra Crewmax. Im planning on keeping the factory head unit, and upgrading the door speakers with 6.5 component speakers(brand not specified), and running 1 12" sub. My plan for the sub is to remove the single rear seat so that I can run a full sized sub and not settle for a shallow mounted sub. I've kind of narrowed down my selection of sub to a Kicker CVX or Solo Baric L7, or a JL Audio 12w3. Looking for suggestions for the entire system so I'll aim most of my questions towards opinions of products. With taking the single rear seat out, im open to ideas on subwoofer boxes. I do need to collect measurements in the truck as well......

You can fit a 2 cubic foot box behind the seats without removing anything. You don't need shallow mount subwoofers either with 6" depth. 3 Sundown E-8s ported would work fine.

You can fit a 2 cubic foot box behind the seats without removing anything. You don't need shallow mount subwoofers either with 6" depth. 3 Sundown E-8s ported would work fine.

really. I havent found much luck finding a subwoofer box that will fit a sub needing 6" mounting depth. Thats why Im choosing to pull the rear seat. The good thing about taking out the rear seat is I don't lose any seating because I only have 1 child. The other seat can seat 2 people. So Im kinda looking forward to utilizing the extra space.

Choosing component speaker really depend on your music tastes and budget. I'm a bit bias towards JL's (do not own them but my friend does and I regret not going JL's) as although they are a bit pricy, they poop out very good overall sound quality, whereas brands like Rockford tend to lean towards more bass. If budget is sky high, Focals, mid-budget JL, and if JL's over your budget then brands like Kenwood, Polk, Rockford, Kicker, and etc are great. Also, I would go with the JL subs as they are known to be better than Kicker. I'm not very knowledgeable about the technical part of car audio, I just have a lot of friends that are into it and let me demo their speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.