Northeast Region looking to get into SPL comp but can't find info

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
I think the lesson here is that to do this you pretty much need an SPL friendly vehicle (or a really good wall) AND you'll be winning dB Drag world finals if you can pull it off.
Also I have a sneaky suspicion that that number comes at the expense of any bandwidth outside of the one peak frequency. I'll further wager than OP thinks he's going to have a daily driver that he can roll up to the lanes and see those numbers.

OP. Let me repeat. DO NOT spend any more money on this until you go to some shows and actually see what loud is like.
You are correct. It didn't play music very well. But still could barely it's not as easy as you think op. This build took 3 different kinds of subs and 4 different boxes before we got the score he wanted. Lesson here. Have cash ! Lots of it op

Single dc2k. Managed a 150.3 on exactly 2k clamped and a single battery under the hood. My wiring is not setup for a single battery.

I have been competing for 6 years and have yet to see a 150 but I don't build one note wonder boxes all are daily drivers. I have done a 140 with a single 8 out of a trunk with a 300w amp but that was pure luck. Similar designed box with a 12 and 1500w only did a 144 but sounded worlds louder. Point is it takes a lot to get loud and way more than you think to get louder.

91 civic sedan.

To the op. Come on out to the show in Rome and come say hi. I'm the judge for the day and will have a green vest on. I'll be pretty busy so won't have much time to chat, but there will be lots of other people there willing to help and get you started on the right path if your looking to compete. There are classes for beginners all the way up to the pro's so there's a very good chance you'll walk away with a trophy your first time out. Even if you don't talk to anyone, you'll still learn a ton just looking at peoples cars and seeing them in the lanes.

Teammate of mine has a 2011 Impala that competes in MWSPL. We built several boxes for it over the past 2 seasons of competiting - and finally found a setup that breaks 150 on 2k (clamped) - keep in mind this is door open - mic on the dash (not sure how the organizations in your area meter).

Pair of beefy 15's, about a 5 cube box with a medium size slot port - all firing forward (not sealed off yet). Peaks at 51hz - not the most musical, but kinda a compromise for him between music and SPL. I'd agree with what's already been suggested - go to a show or two and see what your up against and what their using to get there (equipment and vehicle wise). Have fun - and chalk it up as a learning experience.

TNESPL would be competitive in other orgs but most don't feel like driving all around the country.

OP, it's a great way to learn and there are a lot of competitions. Though, if you don't like driving a few hours you're wasting your time. Beware though, you're not going to simply show up and win. That's a big mistake a lot of people make. Come to support the hobby and learn and eventually, your score will go up.

If you go to the Rome show, I'll see you there.

I done a 151.2 with my current set-up in signature this past weekend. System is in a larger suv, but same set-up with the Kicker zx2500.1 did 153.+ in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Sounds just as loud but obviously not. The meter was a Audio Control SPL meter, so not sure how accurate my reading was...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.