looking for what you guys are running for sub amps?

I run the meanest sub amp on this here forum... The Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D. It's so mean I don't even run it at 1ohm. I run 2ohm like a boss!!
Shooooot broseph, you gotta check out dat 1 ohm performance, it's got my 15" sub mad bumpin like my car be rattling down the drive-way like the screws gon pop out ya dig?

It's alright, but I would sincerely recommend the punch series over the prime. I forgot we had the same amp lol...

Shooooot broseph, you gotta check out dat 1 ohm performance, it's got my 15" sub mad bumpin like my car be rattling down the drive-way like the screws gon pop out ya dig?

It's alright, but I would sincerely recommend the punch series over the prime. I forgot we had the same amp lol...
I will have the second Punch P3D4 sometime here soon. Then it's 1ohm. Should hit hard enough to remove the lug nutz!

I've had three Taramps installed since last November. I haven't had any problems and I only have a 95 amp alternator. So, 4,050 watts with a 95 amp alternator and two AGM's without a problem. I consider that pretty reliable.
Well that completely disproves every single claim of any of them breaking and also debunks the guys who repair and design amps saying they're unreliable.

Well that completely disproves every single claim of any of them breaking and also debunks the guys who repair and design amps saying they're unreliable.

I think they probably are unreliable when people stray from the recommendations of the amp. When they start running one ohm amps at .66 and .5 for an extended period of time. Also, when people are feeding it under 11 volts or over 16 volts, then, they are just asking for trouble. Many of the veterans on here, like @Popwarhomie have used them reliably for years. I'm sure the quality control could be better with Taramps. And, I know for a fact that there shipping could be 100% better (amp in box without any padding). I think people just need to follow the recipe the amp provides.

I think they probably are unreliable when people stray from the recommendations of the amp.
They're unreliable period. You and a few other guys owning these amps and them not blowing up doesn't make them reliable and there's plenty of these things going into self destruct mode without misuse. Talk to some repair shops or someone who designs amplifiers and ask them.

They're unreliable period. You and a few other guys owning these amps and them not blowing up doesn't make them reliable and there's plenty of these things going into self destruct mode without misuse. Talk to some repair shops or someone who designs amplifiers and ask them.

You're right. Taramps are garbage and they should be discontinued. I'm surprised that there isn't a class action lawsuit yet to get this company closed down and pay restitution to everyone. They shouldn't even be on the market. Everybody should stick to Skar and Boss. Way more powerful and reliable than Taramps. Thanks for the knowledge man!

You're right. Taramps are garbage and they should be discontinued. I'm surprised that there isn't a class action lawsuit yet to get this company closed down and pay restitution to everyone. They shouldn't even be on the market. Everybody should stick to Skar and Boss. Way more powerful and reliable than Taramps. Thanks for the knowledge man!
Hyperbole much?

Like I said, thanks for the knowledge. I'm sure them being unreliable has nothing to do with user error, too little voltage, too much voltage, and running them at the wrong load. So, it sounds like a lot of people will be dumping their Taramps after reading your expert advice. Once again, thanks for educating us Taramps owners, much appreciated.

I'm just curious, from these amp repair people, what's lacking inside the amp? Is it cooling? Do they sometimes leave out the thermal pads? Are there cheap electrical components inside? In other words is it reliability of hand work, machine work, ease of repair, or low tolerance/reliability components to blame? It all falls back on the company obviously, but surely repair people know the failure mode(s) before they blacklist a company's entire catalog.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.