COMPLETED Looking for Tc Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18” basket assembly or recone

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowhertz89

CarAudio.com Newbie
Long story short I moved to Florida 6 years ago and left my beloved LMS ultra 18 back at my moms house. Needless to say it was not safe in the closet and kids got to it and damaged the cone beyond any sort of repair. Hoping their is someone out there with a spare basket assembly laying around so I can bring this thing back to life and use it as a home theater sub.

Patrick at Robot Underground should have 4" LMS coils. They are NOT cheap. You will be extremely hard pressed to find any of those old aluminum cones still unused (if you do it won't be at a sane price), and I'd suggest you can do better than the spiders that Thilo used on those since the tinsels were IMO a bit of a weak link.

If I were rebuilding one of those as an LMS I'd probably get a nice full carbon fiber cone. In for a penny in for a pound and I expect you'll pay about the same if you could talk a hoarder out of one of the old aluminum ones.

If you're good and lucky you may be able to salvage the coil out of yours but I'd just bite the bullet on a new one.

Lastly if you don't want to go through the trouble of trying to get it rebuilt you can probably get 220$ for the motor and 30$ for the frame pretty quickly, or possibly more. The 4hp motor still hangs with anything else on the market and those frames are still widely used.

What he said. 👆 Finding anything OEM TC Sounds is virtually impossible, I spent the better part of a year looking for parts and turned up NOTHING.

Long story short I moved to Florida 6 years ago and left my beloved LMS ultra 18 back at my moms house. Needless to say it was not safe in the closet and kids got to it and damaged the cone beyond any sort of repair. Hoping their is someone out there with a spare basket assembly laying around so I can bring this thing back to life and use it as a home theater sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...