Looking for a pair of door speakers for my truck up to 100$

Participant count
  • Participants list

uriel250

CarAudio.com Recruit
Israel
I want to buy pair of speakers for my Isuzu Sumo 7.5T truck, I have the stock Blaupunkt android multimeda which has built in amp to power 4x speakers up to 45W each. I am not looking for a crazy system, just simple system with decent bass and audio quality and loudness becuase the stock speakers are pure garbage. Maybe something with high senstivity so they can get loud. I need the speakers to be 5.25inch.
I came across Infinity Reference 5032CFX
JBL GX528
And MTX Thunder 52.
The infinity is the highest rated but has the smallet tweeter size (1/2"), does it matter?

What do you recommend me?

Last edited:
I have Infinity now and in the past and I’ve always liked them. They stay clear at high volumes. That tweeter will sound just fine.
Thanks for the reply.
How is the mid bass? I also saw there's JBL Club 522F for the same price, how they compare?

My stock Blaupunkt Cape Town 945 does 4x50w peak and 4x25w continuos, will it drive them loud enough?

Thanks for the reply.
How is the mid bass? I also saw there's JBL Club 522F for the same price, how they compare?

My stock Blaupunkt Cape Town 945 does 4x50w peak and 4x25w continuos, will it drive them loud enough?
Like Cool said they’re the same company so they should sound the same. The mid bass is fine. I got them for the clear highs. My sub drowns out any mid bass so I don’t notice it anyway. But it’ll be an upgrade over stock for sure.

Like Cool said they’re the same company so they should sound the same. The mid bass is fine. I got them for the clear highs. My sub drowns out any mid bass so I don’t notice it anyway. But it’ll be an upgrade over stock for sure.
Awesome, just ordered the Infinity 5032CFX, should be here in the next two weeks. Thanks.

Probably the same damn speaker with one saying Infinity the other saying JBL and maybe a couple other visual differences.
Just a quick update, I opened my truck door and found out that I need 6.5" speakers so I ordered the Infinity Reference 6532ix which are 69mm depth and theres also 6532ex which are 52mm depth.
My stock speakers are 45mm depth and theres plastic sheet (moisture protector?) that will only allow for 55mm speaker depth at most.
If I tear it I have 12cm clearance. Do you guys recommend me tearing only the speaker area where the woofer sits so I can put the normal size 6.5" speaker or that's gonna ruin the bass/seal against water and better go with the shallow speaker of 52mm depth?

Just a quick update, I opened my truck door and found out that I need 6.5" speakers so I ordered the Infinity Reference 6532ix which are 69mm depth and theres also 6532ex which are 52mm depth.
My stock speakers are 45mm depth and theres plastic sheet (moisture protector?) that will only allow for 55mm speaker depth at most.
If I tear it I have 12cm clearance. Do you guys recommend me tearing only the speaker area where the woofer sits so I can put the normal size 6.5" speaker or that's gonna ruin the bass/seal against water and better go with the shallow speaker of 52mm depth?
Little late to the party but if you did tear the barrier don't fret Metra makes a silicone speaker sleeve that will help with low freqs and weather proofing.
I Love Infinity Kappa/ and the JBL GTO Lines for the money but vs the lower end reference/stage series meh.... The Best Components I've heard for under 100$ is the Savard Rap components.... The Version 2 is out now and I'm sure they didn't go backwards.... Great value SQ sounding Speaker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...