Looking for a 12" that takes 500w RMS

I'd imagine ports would have to be pretty unobstructed. That box would work if I turned it with the 13x21 side facing down. If I could work the sub onto the biggest face with a slot or aero port(s) on the same side, I could do it. That's going to be tough with the depth of the sub mounted that way.

I'd imagine ports would have to be pretty unobstructed. That box would work if I turned it with the 13x21 side facing down. If I could work the sub onto the biggest face with a slot or aero port(s) on the same side, I could do it. That's going to be tough with the depth of the sub mounted that way.
I suggest if you cant come up with the space or a soluton to contact someone for a design. Even a single 4" port in min volume will yield a lot more output than that 1.1ft3 sealed, downfiring, underpowered disaster you've got underseat currently.
To spend as much as you did on a single 12 and stuff it in a small sealed box yelling into a pillow while underpowered in a vehicle with a soft top is handicappng the sub from the get and has to be frustrating.
Its like super-gluing the poor sub in the gap before installation... 😂 That amp IS tiny... wow. I just quickly looked at it. Is that a 1lb amp on a 25lb sub?

I suggest if you cant come up with the space or a soluton to contact someone for a design. Even a single 4" port in min volume will yield a lot more output than that 1.1ft3 sealed, downfiring, underpowered disaster you've got underseat currently.
To spend as much as you did on a single 12 and stuff it in a small sealed box yelling into a pillow while underpowered in a vehicle with a soft top is handicappng the sub from the get and has to be frustrating.
Its like super-gluing the poor sub in the gap before installation... 😂 That amp IS tiny... wow. I just quickly looked at it. Is that a 1lb amp on a 25lb sub?

Yeah, I get it. I'm considering my options.

One thing for sure is that I need some sound deadening. The sound difference between stopped and 60mph is night and day. It's actually not terrible when I'm stopped or moving slowly.

I'm wondering if I'd be happier with a 10" sub with lower power handling requirements. A 10" would allow me to go ported in the space I have carved out for the sub box and better use my existing amp. Securing the amp is the biggest thing for me, which is why I got such a small amp. Sundown makes a very comparable model, SAM-500D, but the NVX came with a conformal coating to help with moisture.

I'm thinking about giving it some more power. I'm looking at an 800w amp that takes an 80 amp fuse.

According to this chart, I should be able to run 8ga the 6 or 7' I would need it. I have a distro blocks that are 4ga back to the battery and ground. Would it be safe to run 8 ga for the 7' run to the block?

Gauge-Chart.jpg

Ya... i'd think so, Step it up to 1K and id worry. Power is a major problem iin you install for sure but I'd make it more efficent 1st,
Go ported and even that NVX micro amp might do the job.
My .02

Ya... i'd think so, Step it up to 1K and id worry. Power is a major problem iin you install for sure but I'd make it more efficent 1st,
Go ported and even that NVX micro amp might do the job.
My .02

I just don't want to lose that quick, punchy metal music kickdrum. I really like that hit you in the chest feeling. Rap is a novelty that I don't really care about, hitting the low lows and whatnot. Meh. I would be interested in going ported if the frequency response is right for the music I listen to. Parkway Drive, Trivium, Lamb of God, etc.

Does 1.75 tuned to 30Hz sound right? It's a Sketchup model from SSA, their small ported design. It's with the Demon stuff. Filename is labeled DCON, but maybe their close enough in build that this box works for both?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sorry... been my exp that Jeep guys can fix anything and know it all... you gonna break tha paradigm?
Ive tried to help multiple guys on here over the last 10yr and its always the Jeep CJ guys who know better... Bass takes space. You're consderinng a SSA designed box?.. slot ported no less. Gtfo... a REAL space saver im sure. I showed you how small you bould get realistcally man. You gots this.

Sorry... been my exp that Jeep guys can fix anything and know it all... you gonna break tha paradigm?
Ive tried to help multiple guys on here over the last 10yr and its always the Jeep CJ guys who know better... Bass takes space. You're consderinng a SSA designed box?.. slot ported no less. Gtfo... a REAL space saver im sure. I showed you how small you bould get realistcally man. You gots this.

I'm definitely not that person, lol. I'm completely open to input. I know I need to look more into tuning and everything that goes along with it before I make any decisions. I'll probably be MIA for a few days while I look into it.

Worst case scenario is I build a second box and I don't like it. Not much money wasted, and I got to drink beer while I did it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.