Looking for 6.5 Recommendations

Participant count
  • Participants list

joshumpascoe

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone. I am looking for 6.5 recommendations for my 2014 Nissan Rogue.

My current set up is:
Head Unit: Alpine Ilx w650
Subs: 2 Sundown LCS in a sealed box
Sub Amp: Sundown SAE 600
Door Speakers: Rockford Fosgate 165X3 6.5s in all 4 doors.
Door Amp: None

I absolutely hate my Rockford Fosgate 6.5s. They are way too harsh and fatiguing. I am looking for something super warm that I can listen to for extended periods of time that has decent mid bass. I plan to run them off head unit power (at least for now). Budget is 200-300 a pair.

Thanks for the help.

Hi everyone. I am looking for 6.5 recommendations for my 2014 Nissan Rogue.

My current set up is:
Head Unit: Alpine Ilx w650
Subs: 2 Sundown LCS in a sealed box
Sub Amp: Sundown SAE 600
Door Speakers: Rockford Fosgate 165X3 6.5s in all 4 doors.
Door Amp: None

I absolutely hate my Rockford Fosgate 6.5s. They are way too harsh and fatiguing. I am looking for something super warm that I can listen to for extended periods of time that has decent mid bass. I plan to run them off head unit power (at least for now). Budget is 200-300 a pair.

Thanks for the help.
the harshness could be the acoustics of your car and the fosgates not liking it. You'll want to learn how to use the parametric EQ to its fullest extent knowing exactly your peaks and dips and centering the Q factor and frequency at the right spot. You also need to sound treat your doors too. that warm sound you are seeking is mainly achieved through tuning and installation/acoustical treatments.

also buying anything 200-300 and running it on head unit power is an absolute waste of time. you need an amp for anything above entry level period.

as for recommendations, this but you need an amp, no head unit power... Get a cheap 4 channel amp, bridge the amp to 2 channel mode and leave the rears on head unit power, dont spend any money on rear speakers at all. Waste of time.

I'll play with the eq. Right now Im flat except for -2 at 63hz. I forgot to mention that I have Killmat thought the entire car except the headliner and the foam ring thing that goes around the 6.5s. What are some warm speakers in the $200-300 range. I am going to get an amp. What rms should I look at? I don't want to do any electrical upgrades. I currently have no problems running my 600 watt sub amp.

I'll play with the eq. Right now Im flat except for -2 at 63hz. I forgot to mention that I have Killmat thought the entire car except the headliner and the foam ring thing that goes around the 6.5s. What are some warm speakers in the $200-300 range. I am going to get an amp. What rms should I look at? I don't want to do any electrical upgrades. I currently have no problems running my 600 watt sub amp.

How speakers sound is completely subjective and almost entirely install dependent. Jeff is right in suggesting you try to fix your problem with EQ and even a modest 50W per channel amp (don't buy gutter brands here) would make a big difference for you.

You may just want to go to a few shops and listen to what's in the sound board and see what sounds good to you, but bear in mind that up at head level in a nice listening room is going to sound completely different than in the factory locations of your car anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.