Looking for 5.25 Comps and 6.5 Coaxials

Participant count
  • Participant list

J_Anz

CarAudio.com Newbie
RI
Afternoon Everyone,

This is my first post in this forum. As the title says I am looking to replace the speakers in my car. I currently have an all MTX setup in my 02 Vette. I had it all installed probably at least 15 years ago. At the time they had really started coming along. I have Thunder Axe High End comps in the doors and 6.5 Thunder Axe's behind in the hatch area. Thunder 7500 12in sub with 2 MTX amps powering the whole system. I am thinking it is time for an upgrade to something newer.

With all the names out there its really hard to decipher what is good and what isn't. When I was more into the scene, the names out there were Alpine, JL, Kicker, Fosgate, MTX, MB Quart etc. I know they are all still around but I have heard of some quality issues with some of them.

What is solid out there today? I know Diamond Audio, and Focal, Hertz are up there as far as higher end, as I am sure are many others. Sundown is also a great company as well. I have also heard that companies like Memphis Audio are solid too.

So my question is What is a great set up/company for the speakers above that isn't way over the top expensive. I don't need a 800 dollar set of focals for my doors, and the rears are more for filler.

J

What do you all recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...