LOC for amp to factory radio?

Participant count
  • Participants list

zammarelli

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I've always outfitted my cars with new head units, speakers, amps, subs etc. Just got a 2015 Toyota Rav 4 and want to leave factory radio in for now as not to lose integration such as steering wheel controls and some of the other features that show up on the dash unit like temp and driving history. I know the best option will be to replace factory radio which I will someday but for now I want to leave it. So far I've upgraded all speakers. Fronts are pioneer Ts-d1730c component separates with some coax kenwoods in the rear. I plan to get a 4 channel amp for them in the future but for now they are driven off the factory stereo. My next plan is to install my kicker zx300.1amp for my sub. My question basically is "what is the best way to do this?" I know I can use a LOC. Are these all passive. It seems like some are powered with a remote turn on and constant 12 volt lead. Is that necessary or is something that just goes from speaker level to RCA sufficient. My amp has high level input. I don't have the connector for it but I'm sure I could find one. Is that better or worse then RCA? Could I put speaker level into the RCA? Looking for best advice on that. Also is it okay to splice off the rear speaker outs from the stereo to go to the LOC and amp and also have them drive my rear speakers? does that mess with impedance at all? Should I go to both rear speaker wire outs or just a single side? Does it matter? Then when I attach the 4 channel amp eventually is it okay to use speaker level outs from the factory stereo and parallel to multiple LOC's for multiple amps? Again wondering about impedance.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance!

So I've always outfitted my cars with new head units, speakers, amps, subs etc. Just got a 2015 Toyota Rav 4 and want to leave factory radio in for now as not to lose integration such as steering wheel controls and some of the other features that show up on the dash unit like temp and driving history. I know the best option will be to replace factory radio which I will someday but for now I want to leave it. So far I've upgraded all speakers. Fronts are pioneer Ts-d1730c component separates with some coax kenwoods in the rear. I plan to get a 4 channel amp for them in the future but for now they are driven off the factory stereo. My next plan is to install my kicker zx300.1amp for my sub. My question basically is "what is the best way to do this?" I know I can use a LOC. Are these all passive. It seems like some are powered with a remote turn on and constant 12 volt lead. Is that necessary or is something that just goes from speaker level to RCA sufficient. My amp has high level input. I don't have the connector for it but I'm sure I could find one. Is that better or worse then RCA? Could I put speaker level into the RCA? Looking for best advice on that. Also is it okay to splice off the rear speaker outs from the stereo to go to the LOC and amp and also have them drive my rear speakers? does that mess with impedance at all? Should I go to both rear speaker wire outs or just a single side? Does it matter? Then when I attach the 4 channel amp eventually is it okay to use speaker level outs from the factory stereo and parallel to multiple LOC's for multiple amps? Again wondering about impedance.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance!

I have 2014 Toyota Corolla and I used a LoC by splicing into the rear speaker to get the signal so that won't be a problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.