Limited space but I want to make the most of it.

i havent read thru all of this but you can fit 2 12s facing up in the trunk with the port to the side with no problem it slides thru the back seat

SA-12's would be a good option and I think T3 audio has some 12's that like a small box. I was actually thinking about getting some. Ported is going to have more output in your case. Sealed really usually ***** as far as output goes, and to be honest sealed sounds like *** to me in daily systems. Even two 10"s ported is going to be much louder than 2 12"s sealed, in most cases. If your really tight on space, 10"s might be the way to go. Maybe even something like 4 8"s

With Mustangs the trunk space usually isn't as much an issue as the trunk opening, it is much smaller than most sedans, something to consider unless you are assembling the enclosure in the car.

haha bummer. Well I'm saving for this setup then. I will be sure to pm you whenever everything is in order! Glad I turned to these forums for help. And yes you're right about the amp.
i know an amazing box builder here in tampa, he can build just about anything you want, he likes using tube ports as stated before in small setups to go ported, he helped me design my 4 12's in my grand prix, but yes the sa-12's are great subs. and you will prob want him to build the enclosure in the car as the opening is the problem for a mustang.

Hoxie, are you sampling the product for quality control again? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/dont.gif.ed5870f9483b695f9745036963f41c24.gif

i havent read thru all of this but you can fit 2 12s facing up in the trunk with the port to the side with no problem it slides thru the back seat
The problem with getting it through from the backseat is that the amps for the stock speakers get in the way. -At least the mounting frame for them does.

Wall that stang...If you really want loud...no one can sit in the back seat anyway....they just put a back seat in it to help people insurance wise
LOL! I actually thought of that... the seats always down back there anyways lol But unfortunately I'm trying to find a way to keep my backseats

i know an amazing box builder here in tampa, he can build just about anything you want, he likes using tube ports as stated before in small setups to go ported, he helped me design my 4 12's in my grand prix, but yes the sa-12's are great subs. and you will prob want him to build the enclosure in the car as the opening is the problem for a mustang.
Not quite sure what everyone means by the "opening" for mustangs.. Do you mean getting the box through the opening? I can barely get my current box through the opening and its sealed, that's why I thought ported would not be able to fit.

2 12's have more surface area than a single 15 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But on a different note, there are an incredible amount of options for you, your space, your power. Sa-12 does indeed come to mind. Look for cone area, efficiency, and displacement potential //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.