Limited space but I want to make the most of it.

BumpinStang
10+ year member

I drive a 2004 Mustang, and I have only been able to fit 2 12's in the trunk. I want to put something back there that makes my heart stop when the bass hits. Opinions on what I should get if I'm looking for 2 12" subs to be placed in a sealed box. Amp ideas as well if you don't mind.

dims: trunk space roughly

Height 1 1/2'

Width 3'

Depth 2'

Current box:

Height 1'

Width 2 1/3'

Depth 1 1/4'

I was told ported wouldn't fit in my trunk... Sealed isn't what I want though.

if you do a box that is 16x30x24" you will have around 5.4 cubes to work with, you have more than enough room to do sealed, not sure who told you you couldnt,

and what are you wanting to run sub wise, as far as size and number.

with that kind of space i would recommend a single 15

Well my 12s in the box already hit the top of the trunk... And sealed is good but I was told a ported box would not fit in my trunk because it's bigger?

I think I'm wanting to stick with 2 12" subs perhaps in a ported box that fits my dims? Is that possible?

ok, im not sure what your budget or power is, but 2 of these on 2k would set you up nicely, and they dont need a lot of space, 1.75ft^3 each, with out seeing your trunk to know exactly what your working with this will be one of your best bets for 2 12s ported

and since space is a concern for you you may look into aero ports as well,

what are the specs on that amp, im not really familiar with autotek but ive heard a few times that they dont do rated

a good amp to look into would be an aq2200d, not extreamly expensive, but a very nice amp.

if you go with those subs get them in d4 and wire them down to 1ohm on that aq, you should be very happy

before you order anything though, send ram_designs a pm, telling him what you are wanting to run and exactly how much space you have to work with, dims in inches is a plus, i would also get him to do the box design, good guy and really knows his stuff,

also are you looking into building your box?

Thank you so much for this help. I will definitely look into this guy. And if I do end up getting a ported box I would have someone else build it. Probably the guy you've referenced?

ram doesnt build boxes for other people that i know of, he just designs them, if you want to look into having someone design and build your box, look up mike from ami creations, i believe he is running a christmas deal right now, may already be over not sure, he does amazing work, the only thing that can be a problem there is the shipping cost, but he can let you know what that would be,

and no problem, if you have any other questions feel free to pm me

The SA-12 would be a good option in this case since you're working with limited space. Throw a pair in 3.5ft^3 and tune to 30-32hz and you're set with the amp you have(I'm assuming it's the MM2000.1?).

And Phoenix is correct, I only do box designs since living in an apartment doesn't make it easy to build boxes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

haha bummer. Well I'm saving for this setup then. I will be sure to pm you whenever everything is in order! Glad I turned to these forums for help. And yes you're right about the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.