LC2i weird. Starts clipping WAY before it did when I first got it. Help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bellmeister

CarAudio.com Recruit
Dallas
I have just a sub and I set up the LC2i bass knob and Accubass (that Im using as Always On) where it just started clipping and backed it off (both were almost all the way up)and went from there to the amp. The gain was barely needed.
That was 2 months ago. Tonight I was setting up my amps gain with a multimeter and the LC2i maximize light was blinking a lot. I went over and started turning down the bass boost and it kept rapid blinking. Had it all the way down, still blinking! Started turning down Accubass and it kept blinking till it was almost all the way down!?? Ha yes I was tripping out.
Have you guys ever heard of such a thing?

go over your grounds real good and test the power under load. its basically a no-load amplifier, so if it cant make that 11v or whatever, its going to clip, just like a real amp. that means not only making sure its getting the full 13v+, but also the good ground. just like a head unit, if the amp is sourcing ground through the rca shield, it can cook the ground path, or at least hinder it. does it clip with the rca cables disconnected?

go over your grounds real good and test the power under load. its basically a no-load amplifier, so if it cant make that 11v or whatever, its going to clip, just like a real amp. that means not only making sure its getting the full 13v+, but also the good ground. just like a head unit, if the amp is sourcing ground through the rca shield, it can cook the ground path, or at least hinder it. does it clip with the rca cables disconnected?
Hello brother! I think its ok now. Im not sure but bro...you ever heard of a sub working fine but the speaker outs on the amp show no voltage? Went to set up amp gain and that's happened. Thanks!

double check and cycle your meter setting. ive seen meters get stuck not reading, or display dc on ac, etc. check with an outlet or something. i replaced my old fluke 87 with a new one for that exact reason. it was rare/intermittent, but still happened enough to dish out 700 for a new one. i still verify my meters with known sources regularly.

double check and cycle your meter setting. ive seen meters get stuck not reading, or display dc on ac, etc. check with an outlet or something. i replaced my old fluke 87 with a new one for that exact reason. it was rare/intermittent, but still happened enough to dish out 700 for a new one. i still verify my meters with known sources regularly.
Oh wow trip. Thats great advice. Im gonna check it with an outlet and ill report back since you took the time. Thanks

And btw, the LC2i issue I think I need to look into it per your advice. But dude...I just realized when reading your reply here again...the first time where I was ablke to turn the LC2i up high before clipping...the RCAs were disconnected.
This last time they were connected! That would make it clip a lot sooner? Being connected? Plus, they tell us to disconnect them
??? ugh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...