killer budget system..opinions

pj2003
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i want to get 2 twelves (no bigger than 6 " mounting depth) a mono amp to power them,some 6.5" mids and a two channel amp to power them, already got a h/u picked out and decided i would run some tweets off it. give me some sug. for the above and links to the products and keep it under $600 not including the h/u. also with just 2 6.5" mids would the bass drown out these mids with just 2.???????thanx

Amp's:MTX 801d (subs)

U.S.Amps usa-50(mids) or old school Punch 40ix

Subs:Image Dynamics IDQ12's

Mids:polk Audio makes good mids for a good price

I wouldnt advise running those tweets off the headunit youll end up burning them up w/o a passive crossover. You could even by some midbass you like qnd listen to different tweets then buy a crossover off any set and compile a component set....?

Hope this helps, Matt

how bout a 6.5 with a tweeter in the middle and not run any speakers off of h/u.....still would my twelves drown out the 6.5's

1 set alpine type r comps 6.25/2 type r 12's-sealed/ ca profile amp (2 channel 50x2)/ hifonics z100d (ran @ 1ohm)

under 600 bucks!

Im with limitkid. Type r comps sound great and i personally have 2 12inch type r's and i am very pleased. You can get them for 100 each at ikesound. I have not listened to a song that they havent played perfectly. Awesome sq and with enough power and good install are very loud(like mine are) Profile ca makes good amps and is pretty cheap. I cant tell u about hifonics amps because i have personally never have used one or has ne friends that has one. I think type r equipment is very nice for what u pay for..

Profile amps are always decent for a tight budget system.maybe some kicker comps off ebay.....anything along those lines will do .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.