Kicker vs Phoenix Gold Amps

rippinta

I am starting to build my sytem in a 2001 Trans Am, I have a Sony MEX-5DI head unit, Kicker K60's for the doors, and that's it so far. I need a good 4ch amp and I am considering the Phoenix Gold Tantrum 600.4 and eventually another amp for a sub or the Kicker KX700.5 to run the entire system. I will probably get a stealth box with 1 10" Alpine S series sub. Im not looking to compete or blow out my windows, but I want good clean sound on a limited budget.

Any input is appreciated

Thanks

I recently purchased a Kicker KX 400.1 4 channel. The new styled kind. I know it is small and my whole system is small but it sounds really clean. I love it. Just my .02 cents

I like both companies myself, but i recently red a birthsheet on a 500.2 Tantrum and its effecieny was only 60%........and I would assume that a Kicker amp would have a tad bit better efficiency. Sound quality wise..... i would propably lean towards Phoenix Gold myself.

let me know how you like the amp after you put it to use...

thinking about selling my zx6400 and getting that pg 600.4 (just to have matching amps)

kicker amps has been those quiet amps in the past, they are well built and nice, however the PG just started to make e'ficent x4 amps, All PG amps are good for the subs, so it's really a toss up on what you want to spend. I would suggest to find another 10" sub.... Both amps are good...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.