Kicker L7 : Ported or Sealed ?

pioneer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hi guys i wanna get a new box for my L7

it's the 12" D2 running off a JBL 1200.1 @ 4 ohm seeing about 600W rms

i want it to sound very clean, and be able to respond to music like techno and rock but also be able to play low bass from hip hop songs very well.

the two designs i have so far are

3 cubic feet ported

and 2 cubic feet sealed, with 50% filled with polyfill/dacron.

i want clear sound but should be able to go a little loud as well while maintaining it's accuracy and clean sound.

what do you guys think ?

ported or sealed ?

well if u were to port it it would have more spl but its sounding liek u want a little bit of sq

an the l7 from what i hear isnt much of a sq speaker so i would go ported if i was u although liek i said it wont have as much sq as sealed but will have more spl

im gettin my L7 hooked up most likely tomorow...im gonna run a 3.5 cubic foot big ass ported box. tahts just my opinion. if you want loud thumpy ****, go with a big ass ported box. if u want more sq like tight bass then go sealed. soundfrom what you put sealed would be good for you.

Well, I have absolutely no complaints with my setup. I think that if you did use a ported box, tune it to around 32-33Hz and it would have pretty good SQ. However, I believe that sealed boxes would have better SQ. Sealed L7s still can get loud though, just not as loud as ported.

hey well i dont really want my bass to be loud, i want it nice n tight and able to have good extension. You see i listen to all types of music, rock ,techno, rap, reggae etc and i need a sub/system that can perform with any type of music.

before i had it in a 2.5 ported to about 35Hz and the bass on the techno was very muddy, i couldnt hear any bass at all.

so i hope this sealed box gives me the results that i am looking for.

if it doesn't i'll sell it n experiment with an IDMAX hopefully //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.