Kenwood HU in protect mode

Participant count
  • Participant list
Alright, so after installing my subs and amp, i was jamming out to music with my friend for about and hour, when all of a sudden all the speakers turned off besides the sub. I restarted my car and the HU went into protect mode, i also disconnected the battery and plugged it back in to reset the stereo. It started booting up saying demo mode and went right back into protect mode.. Could one of the wires getting lose or smashed behind the head unit have caused this? Or do you think it could have overheated? I had the volume maxed out for at least 15 mins straight.

Alright, so after installing my subs and amp, i was jamming out to music with my friend for about and hour, when all of a sudden all the speakers turned off besides the sub. I restarted my car and the HU went into protect mode, i also disconnected the battery and plugged it back in to reset the stereo. It started booting up saying demo mode and went right back into protect mode.. Could one of the wires getting lose or smashed behind the head unit have caused this? Or do you think it could have overheated? I had the volume maxed out for at least 15 mins straight.
On a headunit this happens due to a door speaker shorting out or the wires from the doors are touching metal or eachother.

If the wires were loose you could have shorted your headunit's speaker controller.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.