Kenwood DNX995s Firmware Update

Participant count
  • Participant list

psutoon

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I am having great difficulties updating my firmware to my car receiver (DNX995s). I have followed the instructions listed on Kenwood's support page. I downloaded the updated firmware file onto my desktop & then unzipped the folder onto my blank USB thumb drive.

When I turn on my vehicle and let the boot process finish, I connect my USB thumb drive to the receiver and nothing happens. There is no pop up message asking me to update software. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Hello,

I am having great difficulties updating my firmware to my car receiver (DNX995s). I have followed the instructions listed on Kenwood's support page. I downloaded the updated firmware file onto my desktop & then unzipped the folder onto my blank USB thumb drive.

When I turn on my vehicle and let the boot process finish, I connect my USB thumb drive to the receiver and nothing happens. There is no pop up message asking me to update software. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,

If there's a folder containing them it won't work, they didn't want you to unzip it directly to the drive, they wanted you to move the files directly on to the drive after unzipping them elsewhere. The files should all be placed on their own on the root folder of the drive.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    40 KB · Views: 208
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.