Kenwood dnx572bh

Participant count
  • Participant list
Remove 12v power(Red) and the Allumin. 12vsupply(Yellow) for approx. 1hr. and reconnect to see if it powers back up and resets. If it does not, It may be time for a new HU

If I do get it working any idea how to get new maps? Garmin has discontinued updates for this unit
Man. I have no idea on that one other than to maybe call Tech support @ Kenwood?. I have a couple older Garmin Stand alone GPS units that still work great, its a PITA to update them and i finally gave up and bought 2 newer ones. I still use one in my car that gets me in the general area and has Blutooth ect. But with the cell phones we have these days(Mini Computers) there are so many options to utilize to be honest. Some of these younger kids are a whip with the technology that far surpass my knowledge for sure. Youd be surprised what a 15 year old can do on a cell phone/Computer and the like man.

Man. I have no idea on that one other than to maybe call Tech support @ Kenwood?. I have a couple older Garmin Stand alone GPS units that still work great, its a PITA to update them and i finally gave up and bought 2 newer ones. I still use one in my car that gets me in the general area and has Blutooth ect. But with the cell phones we have these days(Mini Computers) there are so many options to utilize to be honest. Some of these younger kids are a whip with the technology that far surpass my knowledge for sure. Youd be surprised what a 15 year old can do on a cell phone/Computer and the like man.
Unfortunately they do not support my unit for map updates anymore and I think that is stupid!!! I may as well buy a phone mount for gps and a cheap HU for satellite radio.

Unfortunately they do not support my unit for map updates anymore and I think that is stupid!!! I may as well buy a phone mount for gps and a cheap HU for satellite radio.
Ya man. Im not able to update one of my older Garmin GPS units. The newer ones have free updates(Thankfully rather that paying the coin and hoping that it does work for an update?). A newer HU with GPS built in can get a bit Pricey these days. Easier to purchase a Stand alone GPS with Free update available or use a cell Phone app. to keep the cost down and find an HU that meets your needs be my recommendation.

Ya man. Im not able to update one of my older Garmin GPS units. The newer ones have free updates(Thankfully rather that paying the coin and hoping that it does work for an update?). A newer HU with GPS built in can get a bit Pricey these days. Easier to purchase a Stand alone GPS with Free update available or use a cell Phone app. to keep the cost down and find an HU that meets your needs be my recommendation.
I was able to get my head unit working again I'll just have to figure out what to do for a GPS in the future the only thing I don't like about just using my phone is dead zones

This may be a dollar late and a day short but I know for a fact that my jvc kwv960 map thing is not upgradable. If a person who has the ability to rewrite software could, that’s another story yet jvc/kenwood do not offer this.

I wonder if maps from a unit that is still supported would work, just would need a model and serial number of a dead one that uses the same daughter board.

My unit has a copyright date that’s shown each time I start the vehicle. 2020. If they use a later version in another unit this may be possible. To what avail? I’d bet my hu doesn’t get better satalite reception than my phone. If garmin has a unit that’s got better reception and is updatable then this may be the way around you lack of reception in unknown areas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...