kenwood amp killing battery?

Hey evryone so im in a jami have a system I just installed into an older car and by old I mean 2000 the car itsself is a 2000 honda crv but the amp I hooked up is killing my battery now im not a newbie nor am I pro butiv personally never came accross a drain I couldnt fix so this is the situation I have a jvc H/U hooked up to a kenwood exeleron kac-x811d amplifier to. Jbl sub. Whats happeneing is I hooked it up and its wprking fine iv hooked up lots of systems this ones basic exexpt its draining my battery when the car off now iv made sure theamp otsself is off when car is off lights go out fan turns off. Its wired like so. Power cable fro. Battery to 100 amp fuse to 12 volt in on amp remote wire from H/u to p con in on amp (and the h/u is wired in with a harness so no wires were cut) and then ground with 12inches of wire to sanded frame. And then rcas ran from h/u with a ground from screw In h/u to amp with the rca ground connected aswell. Iv tryedtons of things but as soon as I leave the cr overnight its dead in the am but take fuses out and its got no drain at all iv tryed removing the remote wire to see if t was powerig it when car was off but it still was dead in the am, iv double checked the 12 volt power cable al the way frombat to amp no nicks or exposed wire touching as well as the ground. Now plan was got a 12 volt toggle switch put, it on the remote wire and problem solved but as I disconnected the remote wire from the amp and it still went dead so thats not gonna help. I was thinking it takes 3 25 amp fuses so I did a little test I can take 2 of them out and it still functions but he third one kills the connetion so I was wondering if one of the fuses maybe is compleating the circuit. Any ideas or help on the situation would help other then the obious one which is scrap the amp or remove the system thanks

Hey evryone so im in a jami have a system I just installed into an older car and by old I mean 2000 the car itsself is a 2000 honda crv but the amp I hooked up is killing my battery now im not a newbie nor am I pro butiv personally never came accross a drain I couldnt fix so this is the situation I have a jvc H/U hooked up to a kenwood exeleron kac-x811d amplifier to. Jbl sub. Whats happeneing is I hooked it up and its wprking fine iv hooked up lots of systems this ones basic exexpt its draining my battery when the car off now iv made sure theamp otsself is off when car is off lights go out fan turns off. Its wired like so. Power cable fro. Battery to 100 amp fuse to 12 volt in on amp remote wire from H/u to p con in on amp (and the h/u is wired in with a harness so no wires were cut) and then ground with 12inches of wire to sanded frame. And then rcas ran from h/u with a ground from screw In h/u to amp with the rca ground connected aswell. Iv tryedtons of things but as soon as I leave the cr overnight its dead in the am but take fuses out and its got no drain at all iv tryed removing the remote wire to see if t was powerig it when car was off but it still was dead in the am, iv double checked the 12 volt power cable al the way frombat to amp no nicks or exposed wire touching as well as the ground. Now plan was got a 12 volt toggle switch put, it on the remote wire and problem solved but as I disconnected the remote wire from the amp and it still went dead so thats not gonna help. I was thinking it takes 3 25 amp fuses so I did a little test I can take 2 of them out and it still functions but he third one kills the connetion so I was wondering if one of the fuses maybe is compleating the circuit. Any ideas or help on the situation would help other then the obious one which is scrap the amp or remove the system thanks
Hey man i have the same issue any advice ? Ive even removed mine and tried a different amp and subs and no drian wtf? Lol

Yes it does
So you have tried other amps and there is no drain. That tells you that your car"s electrical system is not the culprit, so that leaves only the amp. I would say a wire strand is jumping between positive and remote, but you said the amp light goes off along with the radio. So then I assume it being an internal issue. Try disconnecting the remote wire while the radio is on to see if amp keeps playing. Protect remote wire from touching anything.

So you have tried other amps and there is no drain. That tells you that your car"s electrical system is not the culprit, so that leaves only the amp. I would say a wire strand is jumping between positive and remote, but you said the amp light goes off along with the radio. So then I assume it being an internal issue. Try disconnecting the remote wire while the radio is on to see if amp keeps playing. Protect remote wire from touching anything.
I have tried that and even ran my remote to a separate 12v power supply with a fuseable link and didnt fix any thing im starting to think its the amp.

I have tried that and even ran my remote to a separate 12v power supply with a fuseable link and didnt fix any thing im starting to think its the amp.
I agree. Is it worth fixing? I hoard old school amps, that if anything goes bad, I immediately run to my amp tech. Being a border town, we have quite a few repair shops to choose from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.