keep blowin subs...

Strecker25
10+ year member

Better than everyone
i started with a panasonic deck that supposedly has 5v pres hooked up to a kicker 400.1 which is getting around 12.5v and an infinity perfect 12.1d to 2ohm so it shouldve been getting around 350...this sub blew a coil...thinking i overpowered it i bought a diamond cm3 12d4 and this sub blew in a couple weeks...not even pushed very hard. Both subs were in 1.0^3 sealed gains not too high and no bass boost. could there be somthing wrong with my system here, eq on the hu were all at 0

???

If the amp is clipping - that will blow your sub. Sometimes it hard to hear. It might be easier to hear out of the vehicle. The 5v just gives you a nice strong, cleaner sound. With 5v you also need to turn your gains down.

The box size sounds just about right. Was the sub LOUD while it was playing? Was the bass pretty even across the board?

Ed

yea i mean they both sounded great, i made a new front piece for the box cut on a cnc machine to the exact cutout diameter this time though because i think air might have been escaping last time...well see

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.