kappa

The perfects sound incredible. I know for a fact Marc used to have them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif , I just think we have different thoughts on the quality of the subs. I ran a lot more power to mine than the RMS, and it took them quite nicely. Obviously break them in first, and obviously don't distort them. (Bass boost, etc. )

I've also heard people talk about how their sound is good but that they aren't very tough. They do have a three year warranty I believe. I bought 10" k's and after adjusting them, everyone is amazed that gets in my car.

They sound good. Not amazing, or groundbreaking, but quite good. As Steve said, they don't like lots of power. I've blown 4 with clean power, just over the RMS. Weak glue on the spider.

I've blown one too, but it's a real clean sounding sub if that's what you are looking for and if you are going to throw the rec. RMS at the sub. They get reasonably loud.....don't plan on competing with them though.

I used to have 2 12" Perfect 12.1's before i got ahold of all my JL stuff, and i used an older model RF Punch 800.2 amp to run them...hit 143 at the local bass comp. They're not too bad at all for SQ...but for SPL they definately lack the power to move massive air. if you're looking to compete for SPL and not SQ, i'd have to say try out the K's....

I've owned the Perfects before, and the 2002 K's. The K's win by a mile. The Perfects sound good, but thats about it. They lack in the SPL area, and the SQ isn't good enough to warrant to buying them in my opinion. Plus I blew mine sending a little over 350. The K's on the other hand will sound just as good, get louder, and you won't have any power handling issues. And to whoever said they ran a lot of power over the RMS to their Perfects, you're either lying or your amp is lying to you. 350 is the thermal RMS. You can't argue with physics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.