K24 Android unit amp Issue ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PedroBarbosa

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi !

I bougth an android head unit from Aliexpress and I'm very happy with it. (https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/33051024830.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.66e8b90aYXGCxj)

But I have a slight problem with my sound. When the radio is ON whether I'm listening to music or not I hear a distortion in my speakers. The android unit has an amp and the "previous" sound system in my car (OEM Honda Premium Sound System with no mods) has one also. I think my sound is being amplified two times and then creating an annoying sound. I have the option of disabling the android head unit amp in the unit itself, but then all my sound goes way.

What do you think ?

Thank you for your time !

Don't you love it when people comment calling your stuff garbage, but give you no constructive/ helpful input. I'm having a similar issue with mine...how do you control the head units amp? which makes your sound turn off? My head unit works but i'm getting no sound...I don't think my car came with an amp but i'm installing one. I heard the unit requires an external amp signal.

Don't you love it when people comment calling your stuff garbage, but give you no constructive/ helpful input. I'm having a similar issue with mine...how do you control the head units amp? which makes your sound turn off? My head unit works but i'm getting no sound...I don't think my car came with an amp but i'm installing one. I heard the unit requires an external amp signal.
I'm afraid you're not going to get a better answer though. Stock audio components are generally low quality and bootleg head units from China are going to be unknown quality (usually poor). If you have some no-name brand head unit you bought from someone who can't even speak English you're not going to get any tech support on it and as I see it your only option is to start swapping variables until your noise goes away.

If there's some setting to disable on board amp that may just shut off the speaker level outputs and leave only the RCA outs live in which case you'd need an aftermarket amp and hope the noise isn't in your low level outs as well. If you don't know if your speaker level signal is passing through some factory amp we can't tell you, you may need to test with some other speakers and/or bypass the factory wiring to your stock locations to remove that if that is the culprit.

The big issue is, you you bought Pioneer/Alpine/Kenwood/Sony/etc. for a head unit and were having troubles we could at least rule that out as a weak link and you would have customer support from those companies or your authorized retailer in helping you troubleshoot if those were a problem.

Even worse news is that often cheap source units are just noisy and the more you try to amplify the already poor signal the worse it will sound. Good luck though, and if you sort this out, please update this thread for the sake of the next bloke who may have trouble with similar product.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.