JY Power HP40 Discontinued

Participant count
  • Participant list

metalheadjoe
10+ year member

Unapologetic prick
ND
JY Power's website lists their HP40 battery as discontinued (less than a month after the warranty expired on their first run), and they no longer list any batteries as products. What the fuck?

Anyone else own an Hp40? I haven't opened mine's case; are they rebuildable either with LiFePO4 or LTO cells? My HP40 was fantastic initially, but this winter it has really pissed off my ECU to a point where I pulled the battery yesterday. It still holds ~13.4v resting, so I don't think it's toast. I'm annoyed that JY hyped this battery so much and charged so much for it, and now they've abandoned it.

End rant.

Well that *****. I got a terrible vibe from all the car audio branded battery companies when I was initially investigating lithium. Glad I passed there. What's worse is that 1/3 of your budget in building one yourself is going to be just the copper and hardware or whatever so if the cells themselves failed you could at least rebuild for less money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...