JVC KD-X340BTS "No file" Error

HMBR

Hi Everyone

I tried to update the Firmware on my "JVC KD-X340BTS" the update failed to run correctly and now the Radio is stuck displaying "NO FILE". I have tried:-

- pushing the reset button

- Unplugging the Harness

The radio is still stuck displaying "NO FILE" - I would like to reset the Radio back to its working status - anyone who can help me with this?

p.s. I cannot take the Radio into a shop for repairs as it is currently on a trip with me in Africa. I am capable of the repairs myself

Hi Everyone
I tried to update the Firmware on my "JVC KD-X340BTS" the update failed to run correctly and now the Radio is stuck displaying "NO FILE". I have tried:-

- pushing the reset button

- Unplugging the Harness

The radio is still stuck displaying "NO FILE" - I would like to reset the Radio back to its working status - anyone who can help me with this?

p.s. I cannot take the Radio into a shop for repairs as it is currently on a trip with me in Africa. I am capable of the repairs myself
is the display happening at all times or is it just when you plug your usb in?

Depending on the steps you took during the update, you might have ruined your head unit man, or your usb is bad/not compatible or the computer wrote the information onto the usb wrong.

http://www.jvc.net/cs/car/firmware/2017/kdr880bt/pdf/17KD_FWverup_en.pdf

Otherwise, call JVC tech support.

The Display is on ALL the time and displaying "NO FILE" - when you press the volume knob it responds with "READING" then returns to "NO FILE". I have tried 3 different flash drives to see if that was the issue. each time the HU tries to read the drive then just responds with "NO FILE". The Engine was running during the attempted update.

Anyone with the update file - maybe that is the issue.

What can we do if returning it is not an option, say for example the Unit has traveled around the world. I need a walkthrough on how to repair this unit - anyone who can help with this, please get in touch i would appreciate it.

What can we do if returning it is not an option, say for example the Unit has traveled around the world. I need a walkthrough on how to repair this unit - anyone who can help with this, please get in touch i would appreciate it.
I hope you can get it repaired but it’s probably easier to replace it with a new deck

Hi - I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM

1- Disconnect the unit from the Harness for 5 days

2 - When doing firmware updates dont use any USB drives that come with their own software like a SanDisk - use a plain USB stick

3 - Plug the USB drive into the Unit before giving the Unit Power

4 - If you get a "No File" error keep retrying it will respond and update

2 - When doing firmware updates dont use any USB drives that come with their own software like a SanDisk - use a plain USB stick

Nice work man!! Glad you found the solution and are sharing it! Cheers! Will keep this in mind if my buddy ever needs to update the firmware on his x340bts

I’m glad you got it back up and going again

Hi !

Glad to learn I'm not alone on the planet with this problem, although this topic is hard to spot on the web !

I own a JVC KD-X330BT, tried to upgrade it but same thing happened, got stuck on NO FILE on the dial.

Nothing works ! I did a reset, unplugged power plug in the back, but it still stuck.

One question please: why has the unit to stay unplugged for 5 days ? Did you try any shorter delay ?

Thanks a lot

Stephan

JVC.JPG

Fantastic, it worked all right !

Thank you so much HMBR, & wherever you are now, have a great day !

Stepobs,from the Flanders in France

PS: just by curiosity, if ever you come back here, how did you discover the "5 days" ? You need a helluva faith ...

Fantastic, it worked all right !

Thank you so much HMBR, & wherever you are now, have a great day !

Stepobs,from the Flanders in France

PS: just by curiosity, if ever you come back here, how did you discover the "5 days" ? You need a helluva faith ...
Use a usb disk smaller then 1 gb, copy the file , and insert in slot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...