just grabbed Orion Xtreme 800 - thoughts

I've haven't been on here in two months. It won't take you long to figure out that IDGAF what you or anyone one else thinks. I post what I want when I want.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    911.3 KB · Views: 176
tracked it earlier,
itll be here tomorrow
Mine was a basket case still has little issues like a couple pots dont stop but work. Got it in peices board removed no hardware at all. Still need to get 4 allen bolts to the end plates but it is now fully functional. Board had broke off connector pins

tracked it earlier,
itll be here tomorrow
I have the HCCA275g4 and XTR375.2. They are very good amps with great fidelity. The 275g4 uses 6 30 amp fuses and is a total beast. Had it powering 2 12" RF t0 and it was bliss. I crossed it over 100hz and it blended great with the front stage. Seemed as if I had subs in my doors.
Now, the 375.2 was sonically pleasing, but it seemed to lack power. It is rated for 93.75w rms @4ohms per channel, but it seemed more like 30. It was using a shared signal so that was not the issue. Ended up removing them because the 275g4 burned out. I had it connected with solid wire from the distribution block (for tidy looks), which ended up pulling on the plugs and just barely touching. Box mounting was a bad idea.
Only down side of the amps I would say is size. I am currently using more class d amps which are tiny in comparison. But other than that, nothing. You will enjoy it.

I have the HCCA275g4 and XTR375.2. They are very good amps with great fidelity. The 275g4 uses 6 30 amp fuses and is a total beast. Had it powering 2 12" RF t0 and it was bliss. I crossed it over 100hz and it blended great with the front stage. Seemed as if I had subs in my doors.
Now, the 375.2 was sonically pleasing, but it seemed to lack power. It is rated for 93.75w rms @4ohms per channel, but it seemed more like 30. It was using a shared signal so that was not the issue. Ended up removing them because the 275g4 burned out. I had it connected with solid wire from the distribution block (for tidy looks), which ended up pulling on the plugs and just barely touching. Box mounting was a bad idea.
Only down side of the amps I would say is size. I am currently using more class d amps which are tiny in comparison. But other than that, nothing. You will enjoy it.
still have the blown 275?

still have the blown 275?
I actually got this amp in a trade. It too was burned out with a shoddy repair attempt. Guy put fets, diodes, & resistors that had no business being there. It is a two channel, so side 1 & 2 are mirror images. After months of downloading gut pics we were able to verify which components were correct and resurrected it. I acquired the side screws at Lowes. I also made the legs out of 3/16" aluminum angle gapped from the side panels by 1/4" ferrules. Does not look as good as in my mind's eye, but side panels are no longer being scratched.
1604150791738854000408329681197.jpg

does anyone know where we can get 4ga power/ground adapter for the orions that will fit therse older amps?

this 800 i just got has 8ga adapter on it - who runs a system with 800w with 8ga wire... wth

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.