jl *****

• Thread starter <JLsucks>
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1K
&

<JLsucks>

i dont understand the hype about JL. sure, they are loud and are used for competition, but they sound like crap. i dont see why people like hearing garbage? someone let me know

Yo if you heard these subs in a car store then maybe thats why they ****. I once heard Sony Explode 10"sub and it sounded like CRAP!@#$. NO BASSS WHAT SO EVER. Then the next day i told my freind about it and he said that i was lying caseu he heard them and they sounded wicked.(good) Upto now i still never heard them in a car lol

I would agree that JL is a wee bit over rated, however they are in the competitions for a reason.

Chances are that the install that you heard the JL sub in was not up to par. The golden rule is that a system is 95% install and only 5% product.

Where abouts are you located? I would be happy to let you demo my JL 12W6. I think that you will find a different oppinion in doing so.

Take it easy,

-zane

no **** man they cost to much and dont really sound that great they do hit pretty hard but i think they distort and end up soundin cheap

OVERALL I THINK THAT JLS SOUND VERY WELL IN A CAR, NOW IF YOUR IN A STORE THEN THEIR IS TO MUCH AIR AROUND YOU TO MOVE TO SOUND GOOD. I ONCE HERD THESE TWO JL 12'S THAT WERE ALL TORN APART AND ACCUALLY BROKE THE BACK WINDOW, THEY ARE SOME GOOD POWER HOUSES, BUT NOT VERY GOOD FOR SOUND QUALITY.

You may have heard a bad set up. I have 3 JL w0 8's powered by a 1000 watt battery, 350 watt pheonix gold amp, with a half pharad capacitor and i can set off car alarms with perfectly clear with 0.008 distortion. But think what you want.

You may have heard a bad set up. I have 3 JL w0 8's powered by a 1000 amp battery, 350 watt pheonix gold amp, with a half pharad capacitor and i can set off car alarms with perfectly clear with 0.008 distortion. But think what you want.

JL *****! LOL!! Good one.

I don't know where you were when you heard a shitty sounding JL anything but something was definitely wrong with the way they were set up.

The 2 12W0's (low end JL) sounded excellent in my mustang convertible with only 300 watts powering them. They hit all the bass notes without distortion at high volumes.

I'm no competitor but I know through experience that they sound a ton better than Kicker's Comp at about the same price.

I build my own boxes and do installs myself so I know it was done right and they sounded excellent in a well sealed box with a cubic foot per speaker, 300 watts and a sub x-over in a convertible at that.

JL rocks in my book and in my trunk!

Shop around and see if you can find a better speaker for $90 apiece.

G'luck

I wouldn't go as far as saying that they ****. JL Audio has been in competitions for years, and they generally hold strong in the Sub Woofer market. Everyone has heard of them. If you listened to them in the store, ask them to put one in your trunk to listen. All the stores I've been to were more than willing to accomodate this, and I've listened to numerous subwoofers in my vehicle.

Originally posted by jaminlogic:If you listened to them in the store, ask them to put one in your trunk to listen. All the stores I've been to were more than willing to accomodate this, and I've listened to numerous subwoofers in my vehicle.
I will vouche for this also, now how did I hear about JL Audio again......

Take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
zane
image11.jpeg

ttt123

Apr 16, 2024