JL Audio 12W6V2-D4 recoil/surround replacement guide & pics ???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Eviljacket

CarAudio.com Recruit
So I’m trying to find a video or even pics of how the cone is assembled so I can recoil properly with shims, then replace surround, but I can’t find jackshit, it’s all just surround tutorials ...is the cone on the W6 assembled like the W7? Anyone have any tear down / disassembly pics and or vids? I’m just wanting to know exactly how this is assembled so I can disassemble it without damaging it at all, need it looking pristine fresh when I’m done 😎 any pics of how cone is assembled/glued/etc would be a lot of help, thx!

Edit: So I just got the spider loose (removed it intact in case coil was still good) and I can see much better with what’s going on, it is NOT like the W7 where it’s a 2piece, this looks to be a single cone piece, with holes for venting and what I’m thinking is also for removing slim shims once the cone is glued in place, kinda like their W7 recoil kit. Also just realized that’s how Kicker keeps their coils aligned while setting cone, huge eye opener lol. Just figured I’d add to this since there doesn’t seem to be a W6v2 recoil vid/guide/anything. Btw, each voice coil is reading between 2.9/3.0, that is NOT a good thing right? Even if the coil actually looks good? Specs say 6.75 in series, I’m getting 6, can’t find an exact impedance for each coil, but you think it’s enough of a variance (more then 10%-15%) to replace? Prior owner said it was “popping” This is my first JL Audio W6V2 rebuild so just making sure sure, thx for reading all this jabber lol 😅

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    658.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 9F8DC561-10E4-4D8C-81A2-C7F53841E1FF.jpeg
    9F8DC561-10E4-4D8C-81A2-C7F53841E1FF.jpeg
    625.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Your in USA those around a lot customs or repairs subwoofer. I’m living AUS try to looking for someone who could repair couldnt get one…i got a JL 12w6v2 free when my bro he bought box for sub it together in there and i took it off check here we go…what a dum8 c4nt. The guys own of the sub before he tried to repair the sub cone, spider, surround. He did it look nicely. And he used fckin superglue to stick it. LOL. Me NO COMMENT.

Your in USA those around a lot customs or repairs subwoofer. I’m living AUS try to looking for someone who could repair couldnt get one…i got a JL 12w6v2 free when my bro he bought box for sub it together in there and i took it off check here we go…what a dum8 c4nt. The guys own of the sub before he tried to repair the sub cone, spider, surround. He did it look nicely. And he used fckin superglue to stick it. LOL. Me NO COMMENT.
But still need to repair the sub…already got one brand new still in box just using 3days ago. And just need order stuff from US cone and spider to repair the broke one then. But ship payment too expensive and take for so long…

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...