Jeep Wrangler 2.0 turbo no alternator sound system

Participant count
  • Participant list

T-moneydinero-t

CarAudio.com Newbie
I’m having trouble deciding on connecting my 2 10inch compq with a rockfordt1500.
originally I thought I had a alternator and was thinking of big 3 and agm battery.
Now I noticed I don’t have a alternator and have a 48v dc to dc that charges my 12v battery, that I use for my electrical.
Has anyone done a Jeep like that. Or hybrid? Would a 2nd battery help? Or a cap? Or does it even matter, will 1500 watts be ok. For my Jeep? Thank you

It probably has a starter generator. I would advise against any aftermarket electronics in that vehicle, you are just asking for trouble, especially given that its a FCA product.

New vehicles like this are the nail in the coffin for the car audio industry. Its really unfortunate.

how about if it was only 1000 watts to the amp, maybe wiring it to 4ohm. 1000 watts to different subs.
I also called jeep today and told my the etorque jeep that has no alternator, produces about 240 amps. or equivolent to a 240amp alternator. and my mild hybrid 48v has a 8 year 80000 mile powertrain warranty.
I'm sure if something happens its a hard case to win from the dealers after adding aftermarket amp and wire.

I built a portable Bluetooth stereo using 6 18650 lithium rechargeable batteries to use in the dump truck on my uncles farm. He won’t let me modify his truck in any way. Bought a small 5.25 inch subwoofer and two 4 inch coaxial speakers. The whole system is only 100 watts rms (50 watts to the sub, 25 watts to each satellite speaker), but it’s better than stock for sure. The little satellite speakers sit in the corners of the dash, and the subwoofer/digital control panel, amp and battery pack is in the same enclosure and just sits in the middle of the seat next to me. I move it from the tractor, combine and truck during long harvest hours.

The first thing that I would do it check the voltage of the 12v battery with it running. If it checks in the same range as a alternator I would add a dual battery isolator and a small second battery in the back. If you are careful you could add it in in a way that would leave little evidence that it was there if you removed it.
then if you ever have any problems with the Jeep, spend 30 minutes removing the system before taking it in for service.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.