Jeep Patriot Build "Input needed"

Participant count
  • Participants list

kumar_numar

I am a working man looking for some inputs on my future system. I have some one the parts already and working on buying the rest later.

I cant get a HO Alt. The only one I found was a 165 amp. Stock is 115 amp

Bold = Already have

The build

Amps

Rockford Fosgate P600X4

Sundown SCV-3000D

Speakers

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1T-S Tweeter Kit X2

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1692 X4

Power

Run front to back X 2

XS Power D3400

XS Power D1200

XS Power D3400 X 2

Subwoofers

PSI P2 15" X 2

Radio

Sony MEX-XB100BT

I am a working man looking for some inputs on my future system. I have some one the parts already and working on buying the rest later.I cant get a HO Alt. The only one I found was a 165 amp. Stock is 115 amp

Bold = Already have

The build

Amps

Rockford Fosgate P600X4

Sundown SCV-3000D

Speakers

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1T-S Tweeter Kit X2

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1692 X4

Power

Run front to back X 2

XS Power D3400

XS Power D1200

XS Power D3400 X 2

Subwoofers

PSI P2 15" X 2

Radio

Sony MEX-XB100BT
Ok first off. What is your over all goal? Sound quality? Get loud as possible? Why have you chosen the psi subs?

Have you figured out if you have room for the box that will hold 2 15s?

Lets get you out of this rockford thing. Its a brand name and way way too expensive. Look on this site. Everything on here is quality and far cheaper/better than rockford.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/

What are you using as a source(cds, ipod, phone) and how are you hooking it up to your system(bluetooth, wired, ect)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Looking to be loud as possible!

I have plenty of room for 2 15s.

I already have 4 of the 6x9s from rockford

What would you recommend for the tweeters and 4 channel amp?

I am using usb and my phone for music

Skar Audio RCAs

Precision Power PPI P900.4 Phantom 4-Channel Amplifier

Solid 4 channel that has average sound quality ^

if you want better sound quality but less power. Go with this
SSA Store - US Acoustics Barbara Ann 4 channel amplifier

Why do you want tweeters? your 6x9s have built in tweeters.

these are EXCELLENT subwoofers. They get plenty loud and have phenomenal sound quality. Very accurate subs. If you are leaning more towards getting loud as possible without much regard for sound quality. You are going to want a high excursion subwoofer. Sundown makes excellent ones but they are pricey. Might want to look around on here for good deals. Caraudio.com IS the SPL crowd. Im sure someone can give you a hookup for custom SPL subs in your price range.

ICON 15 Sound Solutions Audio 15" 1250W ICON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

i dont think your going to need 4 batteries for 3k rms. @adulbrich

Who is building your box/ where are you getting it? The box is JUST as important as the subwoofer.

I go camping a lot and use my lights and radio for hours without my car running.
I am building the box my self. I have a lot of tools and a table saw.

Using this website to help calculate the box

Subwoofer Enclosure Calculators, Parallel, Series, Port Length and Volume

Thanks for your input so far:D
Make sure you add a lot of bracing, maybe even fiberglass the inside for smoother corners. Post your dimensions on a separate thread and get some input. If you go camping alot. Look into getting a solar panel. Might be a cool idea.

Don't plan to run your system too long with that battery bank and the car off. That's a small alternator too, and you might have bad drop with 3k and the car running.

Don't get the Rockford's, PSI's, or the Sony radio

Don't plan to run your system too long with that battery bank and the car off. That's a small alternator too, and you might have bad drop with 3k and the car running.
Don't get the Rockford's, PSI's, or the Sony radio
The gear in bold he already has :/

I am not running the sub without the car running. Just using the door speakers and lights. I have battery chargers at the house and planning on buy some xs power chargers later

The gear in bold he already has :/
Alright, he had the radio. Didn't have the Rockford speakers/tweeters or amp though

I am not running the sub without the car running. Just using the door speakers and lights. I have battery chargers at the house and planning on buy some xs power chargers later
Ok, that's fine then

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.