It's best if I just say it...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Eggroll

RingsOfSaturn>your music
I don't know whether or not I messed up with something or if I have to do something specific, but i'm just going to ask you guys.

I didn't want to say it because of how embarrassing it is but I did kinda order my box a little big, but in the wrong way. My box sits about 11 inches away from the back seats, nowhere near flush due to too much width, so I have it facing the trunk.

How come with a dc 3.5k at 1ohm i'm not hearing anything below 29hz? Why is the port facing the rear yet i'm only hitting about 140-142 on clean music? How can I get better lows? Did I choose the wrong subs? Are there better boxes/port tips that you guys can recommend? I would gladly purchase a new one from CSCStang (as before) or anybody willing to help...

Box specifics: 38x16x20 5.67 gross volume 3.8 net (1.9 per sub) 54.3 square inches of port. 13.77 per cube. Tuned to 32hz

I don't know whether or not I messed up with something or if I have to do something specific, but i'm just going to ask you guys.
I didn't want to say it because of how embarrassing it is but I did kinda order my box a little big, but in the wrong way. My box sits about 11 inches away from the back seats, nowhere near flush due to too much width, so I have it facing the trunk.

How come with a dc 3.5k at 1ohm i'm not hearing anything below 29hz? Why is the port facing the rear yet i'm only hitting about 140-142 on clean music? How can I get better lows? Did I choose the wrong subs? Are there better boxes/port tips that you guys can recommend? I would gladly purchase a new one from CSCStang (as before) or anybody willing to help...

Box specifics: 38x16x20 5.67 gross volume 3.8 net (1.9 per sub) 54.3 square inches of port. 13.77 per cube. Tuned to 32hz

sounds like you just need to work on the enclosure. It seems you should be higher then a 140-142 IMO. I did a 144.5 with mine(my box is also to big for the power im throwing at my sub(3k on 1 American Bass Hd15), but still out decent results. Just get a good enclosure and you should good

sounds like you just need to work on the enclosure. It seems you should be higher then a 140-142 IMO. I did a 144.5 with mine(my box is also to big for the power im throwing at my sub(3k on 1 American Bass Hd15), but still out decent results. Just get a good enclosure and you should good
Sweet bro yea I was thinking about that too. I know it's hard to get loud in a trunk but not that hard haha. Someone help me call in the big box boys to see what they have to say please

Sweet bro yea I was thinking about that too. I know it's hard to get loud in a trunk but not that hard haha. Someone help me call in the big box boys to see what they have to say please
im not to familiar with those Ethos so not sure what they like my self. They are kind of new

You're trapping all the pressure behind the box.
Is your trunk prepped? Do your seats fold down?

How do you know it's "140-142"?
Yes seats fold down, trunk is deadened with Roadkill, and I metered with 1 sub on a bc2k at 2 ohms at 135 at 42hz, so now with both and a dc 3.5k at 1 ohm yea it's much louder, a bit louder than my friend Germ's 140db explorer

Are your filters on the amp/headunit set properly? May be why youre not getting the lows...?
Yes I played low tones and sweeps and have it set at about ~25hz on the subsonic, but 29 and lower still play very quietly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.