Issue with subs and Hifonics amp

Participant count
  • Participants list
Hello,

I just swapped out my Alpine amp for a Hifonics Brutus BRX116.1D amp that's pushing both of my Rockford Fosgate P2 subs. I also hooked up the bass knob for it then went to my local car audio place to get it tuned with my deck. All was well until I start playing my music after a few hours of no usage and it sounds good but then it's like the bass gets stuck and when I turn it down at the deck, the bass is still knocking out of my subs but at a single tone until I turn my bass knob all the way off.

Not sure what this could be.

Thanks!

Last edited:
you'll just have to retrace your install and wiring. Do basic troubleshooting to narrow down the culprit. Is it power and grounds? Is it speaker shorts? Is it bad RCA wire? Bad amp? bad head unit? etc..
Some tools to help troubleshooting, a multi-meter to measure voltage and resistance, An aux to RCA y splitter to determine if its an RCA issue, head unit issue or if ground or speaker shorts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.