ISN'T THIS A GREAT DEAL FOR $208 SHIPPED soundqubed 12 custom birch box 1.25 front

Participant count
  • Participants list
Yes im running the hds208s. Im running them at 0.5 on a 3500, but set a little below full output because they cant handle the power mechanically. (Twice ive gotten the coil to hit the back plate). I dont use them for sq at all, theyd be terrible for that. I went to 8s to save space. It might be loud to the average person, but its about as quiet a system as ive had in years. Its maybe around 140db. I was hoping after break in theyd be louder, but to no avail.

The SA 8v2 I had before are much better. At some point this year ill probably swap out to x8's
yeah i was shocked the 8" have 13mm xmax and that they are same price as 12" don't make much since does it?

i just use this now but i subtract all displacements 1st.. Port Length Calculator
Doesnt work its still ever changing you cannot do a guestimate because itll still be completely off.

Again torres would be the best choice, all the online calcs will give you innacurate port tuning. You cannot account for the port area ahead of time because you will end up with different net airspace each time and you will need a different port length and different port lengths change your airspace again its a never ending cycle. Used to be a pain in the @ss designing the box with pen and paper. Theres a reason why torres is recommended over all else.

The 8s have the same motor and coil as the 10-15 i believe. Im not sure why they cost the way that they do. It is basically the same sub as the ab vfl and one of the massives. They are ok for what they are. They go on sale for 88$ alot.

I was considering a tline, but it just didnt make sense since my main priority was space savings. I went from a 4.3cu box to a 2.0cu box, and the extra room was nice (i fish alot)

The 8s have the same motor and coil as the 10-15 i believe. Im not sure why they cost the way that they do. It is basically the same sub as the ab vfl and one of the massives. They are ok for what they are. They go on sale for 88$ alot.
I was considering a tline, but it just didnt make sense since my main priority was space savings. I went from a 4.3cu box to a 2.0cu box, and the extra room was nice (i fish alot)
Dc level 5 12 would love your al 3500.1 at half ohm. Small box as well and will for sure get louder

D*** shame u don't live 3k miles closer we could BASS and bass lol..

Dc level 5 12 would love your al 3500.1 at half ohm. Small box as well and will for sure get louder
Ya im definately making a change. 2 beefier 8s or a small box 12 like a dc, ethos, zv3 (if i can find one) etc. Trying to stay around 2.0cu or so. I feel like these 8s should be louder, but it is what it is. I went from 145.6 @36hz with my DP 15 on same amp to maybe 140 on these 8s. It was more of a downgrade than I had hoped.

Ya im definately making a change. 2 beefier 8s or a small box 12 like a dc, ethos, zv3 (if i can find one) etc. Trying to stay around 2.0cu or so. I feel like these 8s should be louder, but it is what it is. I went from 145.6 @36hz with my DP 15 on same amp to maybe 140 on these 8s. It was more of a downgrade than I had hoped.
Ethos will be pretty big actually, the port area they require will put you in the 3 cubes gross category even though its only 1.5 net

Im not a huge fan of EQ subs, but a few years ago I heard 4 of the db 12s on either a memphis 1100 or 1500, and it was surprisingly loud. In the trunk of some huge old school caprice.

What exactly are you looking for? Keep creating these threads with links to very low power mainstream subs and such.
I want twisted sound 12 in correct box with a 1200-1500 rms amp but like everything I want I will never have it., like i been saying i just like to try new stuff but i'm poor now so need something that won't make me cry when i play it (in case i'm stuck with it for 2 ys) but doesn't have to flex roof., i probably need a hu more than anything (help with amp voltage, and have usb for mp3) but i like subs so i would be happy with 2 cheap 10's (earthquake tnt) ported probably sound better than my 1 12,. i'd be happy with 12" pioneer champ 600rms in my box (it won best sub award top 10., sundown e v2 was 10th cause it was so inefficient) i feel sure 1 12" $92 ab would be great but i do also need lower tuned box., i can't go to these 50lbs subs cause i can't get any other amp unless i sold current one 1st (which what happened to put me back on here lol) and with box rise u guys are right my amp won't push those beast very hard so until someone buys my amp i wants try lower cost subs $100 or so that my sub can push., 2 lower end 10's probably sound great ported that'd be like $200 both subs and cheap box (i'd get one tuned as low as possible).. i have a wife that hates this stuff so if i spend even $200 i gotta fight about it and i need to sell something i have., so i wanta find a deal like the guy offered 15" with huge box $175 but to big box and too far away, a decent sub in a good box for cheap kinda what i want.. like i said probably need hu (with hp xover for speakers) but installed that'd be $400 with steering wheel controls..

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not a huge fan of EQ subs, but a few years ago I heard 4 of the db 12s on either a memphis 1100 or 1500, and it was surprisingly loud. In the trunk of some huge old school caprice.
Well i made my port smaller today was 1.5" i screwed a board to inside box wall of port now i have 1" port so it's tuned to like 30-32hz now, i have board sticking out of box like 2" so that probably make port longer even though it's not really a port thats y i'm not sure what tuning is at (i didn't glue it in i can just unscrew it in 1 min so no big deal to change) it's definitely deeper (i turned ss filter to like 20hz didn't hear distortion) shakes car more on some songs not as loud though but i only got 2 hrs sleep last nite so didn't listen to it long.. i also made a low offer on that sq hds ported box that thread is about, i'm sure they won't take it but if he does it'll be like me getting that sub for like $65.. if i did win it with 2.28 cf ad 35hz do u think my amp will push it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.