ISN'T THIS A GREAT DEAL FOR $208 SHIPPED soundqubed 12 custom birch box 1.25 front

Participant count
  • Participant list

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
OH it's 1.5" front board.......... I know nothing about sq excepts it's 2.5" vc, 600rms, 13.25mm xmax, and has good reviews., idk recomended ported box size but man that looks like a nice box.. i know subs aren't expensive but if that sub works well in over 2cf box ad it's like paying $90 shipped for a bice box and paying full price for sub.. just tell me if sub is good what box size they need and if u know anything about that box that isn't on ebay.. just thought someone may like it.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soundqubed-HDS212-12-Subwoofer-in-our-Hand-Crafted-Birch-Ported-Enclosure-/272264030415?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

That sub is ok for what it is. They arent particularly linear, nor do they like to be tuned low... but they'll have good output at the price. And handle more than rated.

Im running the 8s. On alot of power

its an okay starter package for a basshead. You'll want a 1000 rms amp on that sub.

Box specs check out but its not birch. Its chinese pine plywood with birch veneer aka very thin layer. Real baltic birch boxes will cost an upwards of 250$

I'm selling an hds315 in a birch box stained blue with a white port. 4.5cf net, 34hz. Double baffle, cabinet grade 13ply. No use for it. $175 plus the ride if interested. Shipping might kill the deal.

Also have a b2 x2c 15" for sale. $700 shipped on it. If you want to run some big power.

its an okay starter package for a basshead. You'll want a 1000 rms amp on that sub.
Box specs check out but its not birch. Its chinese pine plywood with birch veneer aka very thin layer. Real baltic birch boxes will cost an upwards of 250$
Agreed it's not pure Baltic birch, but it's not the cheap Chinese crap. It looks to be 11 layers so I'm guessing it's either Columbia Forest or AraucoPly from either Lowes or Home Depot, both are good quality and perfectly fine for making boxes. The cheap Chinese stuff is usually 7 layers. I would put my money on it being Columbia Forest since it says it's birch, that brand uses a hardwood veneer core and is cabinet grade. AurucoPly is ok but I would use bracing with it as it uses a soft wood veneer core. Also, a box that size would cost about $40 in wood if it was baltic birch, it's not gold lol.

THANK yeah box looked pretty good and he charges like $175 for box shipped that's y I thought it's like getting sub for almost nothing., may not be for me but much better deal than like a hifionics 12 with 50hz ported box for like $129 u see everywhere

Agreed it's not pure Baltic birch, but it's not the cheap Chinese crap. It looks to be 11 layers so I'm guessing it's either Columbia Forest or AraucoPly from either Lowes or Home Depot, both are good quality and perfectly fine for making boxes. The cheap Chinese stuff is usually 7 layers. I would put my money on it being Columbia Forest since it says it's birch, that brand uses a hardwood veneer core and is cabinet grade. AurucoPly is ok but I would use bracing with it as it uses a soft wood veneer core. Also, a box that size would cost about $40 in wood if it was baltic birch, it's not gold lol.
WOW u know your woood., thanks I noticed the layers and honestly think I just prefer mdf just looked well built and cheap..

I'm selling an hds315 in a birch box stained blue with a white port. 4.5cf net, 34hz. Double baffle, cabinet grade 13ply. No use for it. $175 plus the ride if interested. Shipping might kill the deal.
Also have a b2 x2c 15" for sale. $700 shipped on it. If you want to run some big power.
I'm sure that box is too big for my car but I'd love to see some pics of it anyway..

That sub is ok for what it is. They arent particularly linear, nor do they like to be tuned low... but they'll have good output at the price. And handle more than rated.
Im running the 8s. On alot of power
DO u know what the box size is for that 12 it's not on website I was wondering how close that box is to recommended, or would it be better in my box or just cheaper 35hz tuned box..u have those exact subs (just 8")? how much power? is it loud? or u use 8's more for sq? I debated going to dual 10 ported with lower class more efficient subs, only 10's I ever had ported were autotek sx 12 yrs ago (i didn't know anything about port tuning) after both cones ripped to shreads I got wins program found out box was tuned to 62hz yeah., that y I don't trust anyones #'s anymore..

Yes im running the hds208s. Im running them at 0.5 on a 3500, but set a little below full output because they cant handle the power mechanically. (Twice ive gotten the coil to hit the back plate).

I dont use them for sq at all, theyd be terrible for that. I went to 8s to save space. It might be loud to the average person, but its about as quiet a system as ive had in years. Its maybe around 140db. I was hoping after break in theyd be louder, but to no avail.

The SA 8v2 I had before are much better. At some point this year ill probably swap out to x8's

DO u know what the box size is for that 12 it's not on website I was wondering how close that box is to recommended, or would it be better in my box or just cheaper 35hz tuned box..u have those exact subs (just 8")? how much power? is it loud? or u use 8's more for sq? I debated going to dual 10 ported with lower class more efficient subs, only 10's I ever had ported were autotek sx 12 yrs ago (i didn't know anything about port tuning) after both cones ripped to shreads I got wins program found out box was tuned to 62hz yeah., that y I don't trust anyones #'s anymore..
Winisd is also wrong since it does not account for the space the port takes up. Only torres box calc or explicit audio car app calculator does that.

THANK yeah box looked pretty good and he charges like $175 for box shipped that's y I thought it's like getting sub for almost nothing., may not be for me but much better deal than like a hifionics 12 with 50hz ported box for like $129 u see everywhere
Definitely 100x better than the hifonics in a prefab

i dont use it anymore and i did subtract port space when i used it

Thing is you need to constantly recalculate port size which changes as your airspace changes. Its and endless loop. The calcs i listed does a proper job of ending that paradox and giving an accurate number

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.