Is timpano a good brand for car sono?

Participant count
  • Participants list
came accross some stuffs like crossover, speaker, tweeter and amp from timpano and wondering if it a good brand for quality music in car. as compared to deaf bonce, hertz and JBL/infinity
Timpano is not the worst equipment around, but it’s not great either. I bought a couple of their amps and a PRV DSP. Timpano is made by PRV. The amplifiers do put out rated power, but they have some issues. The 1400 watt rms amp has an 8 gauge power and ground, which is way too small. It also has no over current protection in the amp, so it’s a big fire risk. The cooling fan sounds like a jet engine when it gets hot. The 800 watt 4 channel amp has a loud noise floor but is a better amp than the mono amp. It does put out rated power but again, it has very small power and ground inputs that are a pain to get large wire into. The PRV 2.8 DSP is a really nice little unit for the price. It doesn’t have Bluetooth connectivity but the features work well. For a DSP under 150$ it’s not bad at all.

Taramps are good if you don't need the onboard crossovers...i had a small 2 channel stetsom that wasn't a bad little amp for mids or tweets...not sure about timpano or the other Brazilians though

Taramps are good if you don't need the onboard crossovers...i had a small 2 channel stetsom that wasn't a bad little amp for mids or tweets...not sure about timpano or the other Brazilians though
I'm a fan of Taramps and stetsom. Timpano speakers get used a lot at spl events as they get really loud, but imo sound a little hollow. Their amps have a reputation for catching on fire lol.

As stated by others, The speakers are built by PRV. The amplifiers are either rebranded Stetsom or copies of Stetsom. Their are a couple of the amplifiers that have a deserved reputation for going up in smoke.

I have a pair of Timpano TPT-ST2 super tweeters and they sound awesome...they are the best super tweeters I have had. I had them as part of a 2 way system with the Timpano super tweeters playing 2,500Hz and up while I have 2 pairs of PRV 8MB450 v2 playing 80Hz to 2,500Hz. I am now switching from a 2 way system to a 3 way system so I won't be using the Timpanos anymore but they are great speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...