Is my HU amp blown?

ridered36
10+ year member

Dont bufu rabid squirrels
I installed my Pioneer 6400 into this new startus i bought. The CD player i took out worked fine, and the system worked perfectly. I put my Pioneer in, hook up all of the wires correctly (i am 150% positive that all of the wiring is correct) but the is hardly any sound. You have to turn it up to about 3/4 to get any decent sound out of it, and any volume past that just creates massive amounts of distortion and thats all you can hear. I have brand new boston speakers up front, with the stock 6x9's in the back, they all work perferct, so i know it cant be those. Another thing is, when i would unhook the rear speakers, i would get no sound at all. it also seems that only one of the front channels is working. I can't figure it out. I chacked the fuse and its good. It has just never seemed right from the day i got it. it also seemed kinda quite. I think it is the internal amp has blown. How much will it cost to fix it? Could i just buy a 4 channel amp and run it through my pre-outs?

Also, i can't get to some of the functions that i should be able to. I read the owner's manual, it tell's me to do one thing, but the CD player won't even do what it says it should? If anyone has any ideas of whats wrong please let me know!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.