Is my factory head unit hurting my sound quality?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Madeinoregon

CarAudio.com Newbie
Recently had a sub installed in my 2019 Silverado, waiting to install speakers until the shop can get the chime attenuation module or whatever it’s called. I’m beginning to worry that after spending all that coin I’m choking the sound with my factory head unit? Thoughts? If I am, does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle it? I thought about an alpine halo11 or stinger heigh10 or something but I really didn’t want to spend that kind of money right now as I’m perfectly content with my factory infotainment and I’m already thousands into this setup. I just want to make sure I’m getting a quality sound to my new system. Thanks for any input.

Recently had a sub installed in my 2019 Silverado, waiting to install speakers until the shop can get the chime attenuation module or whatever it’s called. I’m beginning to worry that after spending all that coin I’m choking the sound with my factory head unit? Thoughts? If I am, does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle it? I thought about an alpine halo11 or stinger heigh10 or something but I really didn’t want to spend that kind of money right now as I’m perfectly content with my factory infotainment and I’m already thousands into this setup. I just want to make sure I’m getting a quality sound to my new system. Thanks for any input.
I'd go with a dsp to clean up any weak or distorted signals

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...