Is my 160 amp alternator sufficient?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yeah, I’ve already got the amps all purchased. I considered Focal as well as a Morel 4 channel amp but in the end I am just anal enough to want all 3 amps to match visually (stupid, I know but when I was younger I always built my stuff to “showcase” the amps and am planning something similar this time). Plus it is just a bit of nostalgia for me - I was a RF guy when I was younger (Punch 45’s/75’s/150, Power 650 as well as a couple of “Peanut” Punch 30’s). Now at 52 I want to build the system I wanted at 22 (with a bit more emphasis on quality sound mid/highs and less on bass/SPL). I know Rockford has changed and their are plenty of new offerings from many new manufacturers that would have worked great, but I’m just an old geezer reliving my youth a bit.

Nothing wrong with matching, that's why I mentioned. And RF amps haven't changed much as far as what you get... the Prime series was low end junk back in the late 80s when they came out and they're still junk now, Punch/Power lineups have been rock solid the whole time if a bit spendy.

The Focal amps we got are designed by Zed Audio (he designed the Hifonics from the late 80s early 90s plus a ton of other stuff since). I just put a 6 channel in my Jeep and my F250 and I'm really liking them. We got a few extra 1000W mono blocks and a couple 150X4s looking for a good home.

Yeah, I’ve already got the amps all purchased. I considered Focal as well as a Morel 4 channel amp but in the end I am just anal enough to want all 3 amps to match visually (stupid, I know but when I was younger I always built my stuff to “showcase” the amps and am planning something similar this time). Plus it is just a bit of nostalgia for me - I was a RF guy when I was younger (Punch 45’s/75’s/150, Power 650 as well as a couple of “Peanut” Punch 30’s). Now at 52 I want to build the system I wanted at 22 (with a bit more emphasis on quality sound mid/highs and less on bass/SPL). I know Rockford has changed and their are plenty of new offerings from many new manufacturers that would have worked great, but I’m just an old geezer reliving my youth a bit.
If you decide you want a little more, let me know. I have 2 FDP 1.900's in pretty good shape. I'll try to work with you on a price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.