Is it ok to install 6x9 speaker boxes on top of sub box

Participant count
  • Participant list

zanderson45

I have an open trunk and have 2 12" subwoofers, i got new ones with a more powerful amp, and i dont want the bass to overpower the music.. i like my music loud.. so i want to install 2 6x9 speakers 180 RMS each, to a 350 watt amp installed on my sub box... Is it ok to have both the 2 amps, one for subs and one for mids and highs next to each other on sub box, and install the 6x9 speakers on top of the sub box facing into the car? the sub box is plenty big to fit the 2 amps and speakers, but i was wondering if the 6x9 speakers would be ok on the sub box, or become distorted..... Are there any reasons why this isnt a good idea?.. just being careful, Thanks!

Ask yourself these questions:

Why would there be a problem having any amp on the sub box?

Why would there be an issue with having "180w RMS" (LOL) 6x9's on the box with their own amp?

Why would you want all the music behind you in your "open" trunk?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.