Is it necesarry to let speakers/subs warm up before really pushing them?

Just woke up now, its -8 degrees Fahrenheit.

Went to feel my skar, and it was literally as hard as a rock. Wouldn't budge at all.

I remember a while back someone had issues with their mlkIIs... Freezing temperatures are freezing temps.. your cars aren't moisture proof and will probably have moisture from you the night prior so in the mornings things can be frozen.. In florida we have like 1-2 days of actual freezing temps down in tampa so its not a huge ordeal here but I would definitely let things heat up mainly for the door speakers as they are the most exposed to the environment

i call bull sh*t . its like 50 here
390121_254057717987938_100001511346945_709360_1348459297_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

sorry the clock is off a little bit

I grew up in the cold and I live in the cold now upper midwest to be exact and in all my years be it high quality subs or low quality subs I never heard of this issue. However one thing i can say is this when you live in a cold place people usually warm their cars up to regular running temp (10 or 15 minutes) before driving. Now that's doesn't mean the trunk is warm I just never heard of this issue and trust me I've seen low quality and high quality in this weather and I've never heard of the cold being a factor

I doubt there's any cold temperature on earth that would make foam/rubber or cotton/nomex brittle. As far as a cold motor/coil that will probably gain you a little more thermal power handling.

If you're pushing something close to its limits anyway and it breaks on a cold day it's not the fault of the cold IMO.
I wouldn't say that. -40°f or below can detriment rubber. At around 70-80°f below zero both crude and elastic rubber become extremely brittle, and can even almost shatter like glass... Russia can get down to -92°f and even though irrelevant Antarctica can get to, I believe, around -120-130°f lol.

I wouldn't say that. -40°f or below can detriment rubber. At around 70-80°f below zero both crude and elastic rubber become extremely brittle, and can even almost shatter like glass... Russia can get down to -92°f and even though irrelevant Antarctica can get to, I believe, around -120-130°f lol.

You are quoting a post from 12 years ago.

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...