is it fine to run sub free aired(without a box)?

doublevision
10+ year member

nj
Im waiting for my box to be built but i can't wait to listen to my new sub. I want to hear what it sounds like so can i play the sub free aired as in not in a box, not IB either. Or will playing the sub free air damage my sub? BTW its an IDQ v.3 12 inch

A guy I know was waiting for a box once and mounted his 15" sub into a 5 gallon bucket and used that til he got his box. I wish I could tell you I am making this up, but I am not.

He Liquid Nails'd a piece of 5/8 plywood to the bucket then mounted the sub to that.

This would be better than letting it sit there making no noise and running the risk of damaging it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.