Is 2 sundown xv2 12d4’s a good choice?

Participant count
  • Participant list
How beefy should my electrical be for somthing like that? The strongest off the shelf alternator available is a 200, would that be enuff? Or is there some one I can send mine to and have it rebuilt? Also should I get one extra battery, or two?

The X is a musical subwoofer that also will play plenty low while still sounding clean.

Some people just have a hard on with playing under 20hz for some reason. Hoping it's a trend that will stop soon.

How beefy should my electrical be for somthing like that? The strongest off the shelf alternator available is a 200, would that be enuff? Or is there some one I can send mine to and have it rebuilt? Also should I get one extra battery, or two?

There are quite a few alternator builders. I would recommend Brand X (Jonathan Patrick), DC Power, Excessive Amperage, Singer, or Js Alternators.

The bigger the better. No such thing as too good of an electrical system. Two good G31 AGMs in the rear and a front AGM to match would be fine.

Also, how do the xv2’s compare to somthing like a hippoxl?

I have no personal experience with the Hippo XL but it's pretty close to a Soundqubed HDC3 and I've had 5 of them. Good subs but I would take Xs any day.

From the man who designed the subwoofers.
ECDEE457-540E-4A78-89AA-F471CEF2D71A.png

I read that the md8000 is one ohm stable, but I read that it is more efficient at around two. I already ordered the dual 4 ohms with the intention of going one ohm, ever heard of problems out of the md8000? I don’t believe I would max out the subs, but you never know...

Any amp is going to be more efficient at 2 ohms over 1 ohm.

The only real issue out of the MD line is the parasitic draw.

You will have plenty of headroom with no clip running at 1 ohm on the 8k.

what about box design? Opinions and personal experience? I was told a long time ago that you point the port were you want the sound to be directed, but I’m not convinced you can “aim” a subwoofer that easily. I was leaning twards a slot port, were as I was thinking front mount, front port, and have two separate chambers and ports, one for each sub. or do they mingle better if I put them in the same play pin?

It’s an 01 accord coupe, and I’m probably going to take one of the rear seat back out, the bigger one. Also the windshield is cracked all the way across and was planning on replacing it, but do you believe that it would be possible to break it more with this set up first? I think it would be cool if I could flex the windshield...

Fire forward port forward and seal off the trunk. Single port single chamber.

Over time with heat and cold the flexing will cause the windshield to spider more. But I would not worry about two 12s breaking a windshield.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.