Interference from brake lights, signals, and rear defroster, Please Help!

Participant count
  • Participants list

tommy234

After installing a 4 Channel amp I'm getting a humming through all speakers.

It happens when I press the brake pedal or have my signal on and is much louder when I'm doing both at the same time. I also get a pop when turning on the rear defroster.

It gets louder the higher I set my gains.

I installed a noise filter which did absolutely nothing.

I am wondering what steps can be taken to try and narrow down what is causing this problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Have you checked the grounds? Maybe adding an additional ground wire from the Battery to the frame of the car? Or regrounding the Amp grinding the ground point to bare metal.

I was thinking of doing a big three upgrade when it gets a little warmer out. Also checking the ground on the HU. Ya I figured the filter wouldn't work either but it was worth a shot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.