installing a alpine cda-9833

mikesta

Hawaii
hi, a few quick questions from a first time installer:

1. I'm at the point where i'm trying to connect the amp wiring to the headunit. i have some 10 gauge and it is mad thick compared to the power wire on the HU. is the only way to connect them by sodering or is there another way.

2. the illumination wiring on the HU and the harness are formatted differently. the wiring on the HU has a plastic cone around it, as well as a metal tip. do i cut this off in order to connect the HU's illumination wire to the harness' illum. wire?

thanks for your help

the wiring on the HU has a plastic cone around it, as well as a metal tip. do i cut this off in order to connect the HU's illumination wire to the harness' illum. wire?

you unscrew that plasic cone thats the only answer i know... my bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif

thanks for the reply, i'm sure i posted this in the wrong forum seeing as there's an installation help forum, but thanks again. anyone know the answer how to direct-fused connect the harness to the 10 gauge wire?

Hey Mike,

If I'm not mistaken Alpine says to fuse and connect the power wire to the battery.

Other than that get a butt connector and crimp it OR solder it and heat shrink it

to the factory radio power wire

Best of luck to you.

Peace

hi, a few quick questions from a first time installer:

2. the illumination wiring on the HU and the harness are formatted differently. the wiring on the HU has a plastic cone around it, as well as a metal tip. do i cut this off in order to connect the HU's illumination wire to the harness' illum. wire?

thanks for your help
Mike on this point you have to find which wire is the factory radio illum wire and splice it to the Alpine illum wire. OR go to Radio Shack or a auto parts store and see if they sell a bullet connector that will recieve the Alpine part.

Peace

thanks fellas, you guys were an awesome help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.