Installing 2 monoblock amps?

qwkracer
10+ year member

If my headunit only have 1 sub preamp output in the back, how can i install 2 Monoblock amps? (2 Hifonics BX1500D). installing one amp is easy because all i have to do is run the RCA cable and connect it to the head unit.

how about the RCA cable needed for the 2nd monoblock amp? the preamp is already used up, what do i do? do i need a special piece/item or somthing?

more questions,

I am using a 0 gauge stinger power wire. can this wire handle two monoblock amps with a total output of 3000 watts and a 4 channel amp rated at 350 watts? or should i use the 0 gauge for both the Hifonics BX1500D amp and use a seperate 4 gauge wire for my 4 channel amp?

Please help!

All you need is to use the preamp output of one of the amps to drive the other one. Run your sub out from your HU to one amp and then run another RCA from the output of that amp to the input of the other.

If you run the amps full tilt much (competition basically) I would run another power wire for the 4-channel. Otherwise you will be fine.

make sure you get a meter and check the out put on the amps and set the gains where they are sending out the same,because i know 2 amps are not made the same they always differ on power even if htey are the same amps.well thought this might help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.