Inphase power drive 5000 (on protection)

Participant count
  • Participants list

R1c4ard

CarAudio.com Newbie
London
Hi does anyone know if the on protection light is green or turns red when protection activated. Is green just powered on?

I have been unable to find the manual online, I have found another in phase manual but it doesn’t event mention on protection.

I'd assume the light being green means "good to go".

Idk... you may need to seek the expertise of a serious professional.... according to this nugget I found in an online review...

...This really is the dog’s danglies...

A veterinarian may be your best bet to get your friend the help he needs.

I'd assume the light being green means "good to go".

Idk... you may need to seek the expertise of a serious professional.... according to this nugget I found in an online review...

...This really is the dog’s danglies...

A veterinarian may be your best bet to get your friend the help he needs.

Thanks, thinking about it yes I think the green is good to go otherwise you wouldn't know even if the amp was on visually. Shame there is a lack of online material for the model - might be an email direct to InPhase.

Just swapped the HU out for a raspberry pi running Moode, wife only let me play for a couple of hours. The other amp running mids and tweeters is working ok but have no bass. Just wanted to check wasn't the amp in first instance.

Will run the setup again on the DSP as the input channels are different (guessing this might be the cause now)

If not to test the amp could I plug my Moode "low level" output out of the DSP input direct into the amp. Disconnect the sub and check for voltage on the speaker output of the amp? If that makes any sense.

Thanks, thinking about it yes I think the green is good to go otherwise you wouldn't know even if the amp was on visually. Shame there is a lack of online material for the model - might be an email direct to InPhase.

Just swapped the HU out for a raspberry pi running Moode, wife only let me play for a couple of hours. The other amp running mids and tweeters is working ok but have no bass. Just wanted to check wasn't the amp in first instance.

Will run the setup again on the DSP as the input channels are different (guessing this might be the cause now)

If not to test the amp could I plug my Moode "low level" output out of the DSP input direct into the amp. Disconnect the sub and check for voltage on the speaker output of the amp? If that makes any sense.
Maybe I'm confused reading all that ^^^^.
If I thought it was signal I'd march in the house, dig my trusty cheapo patch cord out of the junk drawer and bypass everything by testing it hooked up to my phone.
mtvsqG6.jpg

If the subs put out... then start chasing settings, signal issues... etc

Maybe I'm confused reading all that ^^^^.
If I thought it was signal I'd march in the house, dig my trusty cheapo patch cord out of the junk drawer and bypass everything by testing it hooked up to my phone.
mtvsqG6.jpg

If the subs put out... then start chasing settings, signal issues... etc

Or I could do that which I have just done ;)

Thank you, was the signal amp is working ok.

Just got to run the DSP setup again and should be good to go, been a long time since I had any sound.

Will have to get used to not having a rear mirror again.

Thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.