infinity subs in a jensen ported box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

thumpin_twang
10+ year member

I was thinking about getting 2 10" infinity subs to put in a box. My friend has a jensen ported box i can hike off of him for 20 bucks. Its a fairly small box, with the plexiglass front cover. It has like 4 3" ports on the top. I wish i had the measurements but i don't. I was just wondering if this would be ok for these infinitys, as far as clean hits. PLEASE HELP ME //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

well to be honest i wouldnt recomend a mass produced bandpass box for anyone......wouldnt actually recomend a bandpass box for a someone new to car audio either due to the poor freq. response unless built properly for that specific sub.....but if u cant help it...good luck

Originally posted by Corsica Not to mention that Jensen box is bandpass, and bandpass and infinity don;t seem to agree.

J

Corsica is right.......I have 2 12" Infinity's that I tried in a bandpass box with 4 3" ports and it sounded like ****..........go with a sealed one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.