Infinity Primus 3000a or Taramps BASS 400

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thank you for your response. How do you know what the Infinity will do? I couldn't find any 4 ohm information for it.
If neither of these, what is the least expensive amp you would recommend?

I really appreciate the feedback. Zaramps makes the MD 250.1 in a 2 or 4 ohm version. It puts out a bit more power than the Bass 400, but it's designed more for full range. Perhaps it would be a better choice for the 4ohm sub?
The Infinity Sub is actually the 1270B that comes preloaded in a sealed enclosure from the manufacturer. I chose it because it is a perfect fit in an area of my vehicle for a stealth install.
The JBL A600 is a bit out of my budget <$110. There are amps within my budget that dyno over 300W into 4 ohm, but I am trying to stay away from Boss, Pyramid, Planet Audio, Soundstream, etc. Also, trying to stay away from Class A/B because of power constraints and heat.
I don't need a ton of volume, but would like clean sound.

Thing is just because an amp can do 300 watts doesn't mean you will see 300 watts on music. Always better to have headroom and not clip your subwoofer to death with too little power. I think that JBL at $160 on sale will be the best you will find personally.
Taramps amps aren't known for being the most clean sounding amps. I've had quite a few of them and loved them all but I would still get the JBL in your situation. If you can't swing that budget you might want to look at used amps.

You can get the SFB 1000 for 189.99 from Apex or other sites. If you were going to go Taramps you should have no issues with the SFB Sundown Version then with a 2 year warranty.

How about a CT Sounds CT-1000.1D?
I know their have been reports of fire, but I wonder if that would be a non issue going into 4 ohms. Also, I wonder if that is only in certain other models.
The struggle I am having is that I also want a 4 channel amp, and I would like them to match. I like the JBL Club A600, but the A754 is way overkill for what I need and quite pricey.

No one has matching amps, especially when working with a budget
different companies are good for different things
My amps are the same company but they don't look the same ones black ones silver
This is only because I had them here from past builds so they are a couple years apart
The only time I see everything matching is on sponsored or demo cars

Sundown has matching 4 channel amplifiers fyi

Thank you everyone. I ordered the JBL Club A600. Felt like I couldn't pass it up at $150 shipped. I'll keep an eye out for a good deal on a matching 4 channel down the road, as I can get by running off the head unit for now.
I did take a serious look at the Sundown amps, but felt they were a bit out of my price range.
Thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...