In Your Opinion, Would You Get A Battery Or A High Output Alternator?

yah, you should have the same alt as me (165a) right now, and 1500rms is about all i'm comfortable with. oh, and i do have 2/0 welding cable installed. it's not about the total wire diameter, it's about the circular mills. so, that means the fine "angel hair" wire is going to be smaller o.d. for the same gauge wire as more course audio cable. i can just fit it in all the 1/0 recepticals in the system, if i'm careful not to let strands catch on insertion. i would do the 270, otherwise, you are just paying for an extra 35a with the 200. might as well pay for a real difference.

yah, you should have the same alt as me (165a) right now, and 1500rms is about all i'm comfortable with. oh, and i do have 2/0 welding cable installed. it's not about the total wire diameter, it's about the circular mills. so, that means the fine "angel hair" wire is going to be smaller o.d. for the same gauge wire as more course audio cable. i can just fit it in all the 1/0 recepticals in the system, if i'm careful not to let strands catch on insertion. i would do the 270, otherwise, you are just paying for an extra 35a with the 200. might as well pay for a real difference.
Ok so the idling on the 270A is 170A. What do our 165's idle at?

So my voltage drop is fine?
My lights dim. It *****. I want to feed the DTR clean...

A battery wouldn't stop the dimming... Maybe I'll just go with a 270 by tenney. I think they're 170 at idle. Wonder what the 200a is at idle...
Yeah, your drop is fine/normal. If you go past 12.5v on a daily basis then it's time to upgrade your electrical. But more power doesn't hurt, plus the more power your amp will make as well. The extra batt will help to stop the lights from dimming, but if the alt's not up to par with the current demands (and you don't at least charge your batts every weekend with an external batt charger), then your system will slowly start to suffer lower and lower power supply (especially at idle speeds).

I've heard good things about the Tenny alts, but there are other brands out there as well. Singer, Mechman, DC, EA, etc.

oh, shoot, i just realized you have an 03. it might have the 145a. chevrolet didn't do the 160 until 04, so i'm not sure about yours. i would check the case data tag.

Ok either way it's low... I'm gonna go with Tenney because of the price and I hear they're beasts... 

I ordered my 220amp Tenny in the beginning of June.....the first alt he sent, the case had the plug in the wrong spot (was hitting my intake manifold)

It's September, and I still haven't received my new alt........just saying....

He's a new startup with a lifetime warranty. Seems promising.
Just an FYI "Lifetime Warranty" and "Startup company" dont go hand in hand.. a lifetime warranty for a product whos company could go out of business at any time soon is instantly worth nothing...

I ordered my 220amp Tenny in the beginning of June.....the first alt he sent, the case had the plug in the wrong spot (was hitting my intake manifold)It's September, and I still haven't received my new alt........just saying....
That's great... Sooo have you been contacting him?

Just an FYI "Lifetime Warranty" and "Startup company" dont go hand in hand.. a lifetime warranty for a product whos company could go out of business at any time soon is instantly worth nothing...
I understand that 100%. I have an arm that reaches cross country...

Someone tried that once and let's just say the situation was resolved.

That's great... Sooo have you been contacting him?

Yes, been in contact...he responds quickly to emails. No issue with returning the first alt, sent him pics of existing alt and he seen the problem and offered a replacement.

Not trying to steer you away, as I'm still giving him a chance, I think it's just an issue with my cars alternator.

It's buried under the power steering pump and a couple other things, so I have to have a direct bolt on/ exact case.

He also offers a trade in program if you sell your car or whatever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.