In Search Of A Pair Of JBL T545 Car Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

79IndyPaceStang

CarAudio.com Newbie
Greetings all: I am looking for a pair of JBL T545 Car Speakers for my 1979 Ford Mustang Indy Pace Car. I'm trying to recreate the sound system I had in the same model car back in 1986 when I met my wife. I found the car (with 18K original miles!), now I need to build the stereo system...starting with the greatest sounding car speakers of all time (In my opinion)!

So far, I've only been able to locate one pair for sale on Ebay...for $750. Hoping to find a more wallet friendly set...lol...

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help! s-l500.jpgIMG_20210622_201921592~2.jpg

T

I remember these! A neighbor had them in a Beetle's backshelf with an Audio Art amp and a Pioneer Supertuner III, and it sounded awesome. It was the 80's blasting through that setup; Madonna, M. Jackson, Scorpions. It was the system that started it all as a kid.
...and Rush, Van Halen, Ratt, AC/DC, Metallica, Genesis, Sammy Hagar, Eagles...I could go on for hours just naming the groups! Just such a crisp & clear sound, at any volume!

Hey mate, I had a pair but sold them not long ago, but I am in Australia. :) Although I understand you are trying to re-create the scene based on your yester-year ride, based on my reason I sold the speakers is that the speaker, although working, was very worn and frail due to exposure to extreme heat (In Australia, it gets really hot!) I have found many JBL speakers that I bought, were not performing to the reviews I read on them. The colors were faded on the speaker cones, woofers and the mid-range had thinner paper cone and it basically was so fragile, that if you touch it , it would crumble off! Consequently, I made my decision to sell it after I did repair the surrounds, cleaned up the speaker, and re-sprayed the metal grills after light sand-paper with a 600 grit to make it look half decent. I had the mid-range repaired as well. I am with you about old school car audio, but what you find may not live up to your expectations and performance wise due to previous owners abuse and the harsh vehicle environment. I wish you all the best in your quest and maybe you may be more lucky than me to find a pair sitting in a cool environment. If all fails, you can always opt for the newer JBL 6x9's unless you come across a pair of T595's Decades! (y)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...