In over my head on new install.

Get an rca to aux splitter to your treble static afflicted driver's amp plugged directly from your phone. If the problem persists its a system noise issue. If it doesn't, its an rca issue either cable itself or head unit rca outputs
Thank you, just tried this. Plugged phone straight into the amp and the noise went away. Amp is ruled out as a problem. Will have to test RCA's when I pull the head unit back out this weekend. Kind of a pain on this car. I also noticed when I start the car, no sound from head unit, if I crank the volume up there's is a slight staticy sound. Head unit and amp grounded to the same spot, so since we ruled the amp out what do you think the issue is?

Thank you, just tried this. Plugged phone straight into the amp and the noise went away. Amp is ruled out as a problem. Will have to test RCA's when I pull the head unit back out this weekend. Kind of a pain on this car. I also noticed when I start the car, no sound from head unit, if I crank the volume up there's is a slight staticy sound. Head unit and amp grounded to the same spot, so since we ruled the amp out what do you think the issue is?
bad rca cable or bad rca outputs on the head unit since you already addressed ground but it never hurts to check wiring again.

bad rca cable or bad rca outputs on the head unit since you already addressed ground but it never hurts to check wiring again.
I can wire speakers through wires instead of RCAs to test that theory. One thing just came to me though. The factory head unit, when using aux chord had alternator whine. Do you think the actual vehicle wiring could have dirty power?

I can wire speakers through wires instead of RCAs to test that theory. One thing just came to me though. The factory head unit, when using aux chord had alternator whine. Do you think the actual vehicle wiring could have dirty power?
No because your amp is connected to the electrical system so all dirty noise related issues from that aspect is eliminated from the RCA to aux test.

Currently the main suspects are bad RCAs or bad RCA outputs or something weird going on with your head unit wiring harness, or bad head unit(least likely of the bunch).

Awesome, thanks for the help. This amp has speaker level inputs, so if that fixes the issue then good enough. The sub has to run RCAs, but it doesn't seem to be able to hit frequencies high enough to make the noise, so no issues there.

Awesome, thanks for the help. This amp has speaker level inputs, so if that fixes the issue then good enough. The sub has to run RCAs, but it doesn't seem to be able to hit frequencies high enough to make the noise, so no issues there.
I have had this nightmare before on 2 Pioneer screen radios. After trying all, only thing that solved it was using a single set of rcas. In retrospect I deduced it started when I accidentally touched one of the rca's tip to the amp chassis.

I would try a good set of RCA's from Stinger or JL Audio or someplace similar not Walmart garbage (not saying you have that just making an example is all). You can find a lot of that stuff at Amazon and have it by Monday if you have prime or if you order now sometimes you can get it the next day. I had similar issues 20 some years ago and it was bad RCA's.

the cheapo 15 dollar rockford rca from amazon works well. No need to pay a crazy price.

Also if you hot swapped RCAs while playing music, not sure about that particular model if it has a known pico fuse issue but you might have popped that as well if you were hot swapping.

I've used Rockford RCA's in the past with good luck as well. Right now what I have in there is all stinger but tbh idc what it is as long as the quality is there and the price isn't going to break my wallet.

Fade it front, fade it back, left and right. Narrow it down. When you troubleshoot, the the less things eliminated from the equation, the closer you will be to car audio salvation :LOL:
Sorry that took a while, busy weekend. Seems to be coming from all 4 door speakers. Some good news though, that pioneer sub fixed the bass issue. New problem though, it rattles everything in the car lmao. I'll get that taken care of eventually, focusing on this static issue. My USB extension is coming today so I'll have an excuse to pull the head unit and test running the speakers over speak wire.

One more thing I noticed today. During one bass heavy song I noticed a slight electrical burning smell. I felt the amp, felt pretty warm but didn't burn me. Then when I opened the trunk the smell was much more. The sub I am running is 250 watts RMS 700 watts peak. It is wired in 4 ohm and I have 12 gauge wire running to it. At 4 ohms my amp should output 200 watts RMS to that channel. The bass boost is down and gain is roughly half way maybe slightly less. The sub isn't distorting (maybe slightly from being run free air) and is nowhere near bottoming out. It can go way louder but I have it turned down so it doesn't rattle the rear deck so hard (deck mounted sub in the factory mounting location). What's the deal, am I burning the sub up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.